Chapter 67

Sakuya's P. O. V:

I've been visiting my cousin almost every day while she's n the hospital, and she's getting close to being discharged.

She's been asking me about the red chakra that flared up around Naruto, and how I'd managed to stop it, but I didn't tell her because it's a closely guarded Hidden Leaf secret, and o my the Jounin and higher ups know about it.

I only know of the Nine Tails from when Kakashi told me all those months ago.

I've noticed that my friends have been looking a bit upset, as they know I won't be going back with them. The Jounin from the Leaf also know by now. And I've noticed that Kakashi and Ayame have been really close these past few days.

Hm, I wonder if those two might start dating...

I spent more time with Kyo and Ren as well, since I won't be back for awhile.

Kyo seems to be doing a bit better since I declared Kiba and I are dating. I think it may have something to do with Mika. Kyo said they were going to keep in touch when the Leaf ninja leave.

I was really happy for him.

Ren also hasn't said anything too sexist or offensive about girls lately, but I think it's because he's upset that I'm leaving.

It's the day of when the Leaf ninja are supposed to leave and Kiba and I are kissing under a cherry blossom tree again. I don't know when I'll see my boyfriend again anytime soon, but I promise Kiba that I'll keep in touch.

We arrive at the beach, hands clasped together.

"It's about time!! Where were you?" Narto demands, hands on his hips.

"Well, we were—" I begin, but he cuts me off, holding up a hand.

"You know what? I don't wanna know!"

I giggle.

"I'm really gonna miss you guys," I say.

"We'll miss you too, Sakuya," Sakura says as she hugs me and Ren and Kyo continue to sulk.

Hinata hugs me next and I was surprised when Ino hugs me as well.

"Come back soon, okay? The Leaf Village just wouldn't be the same without you," Ino tells me.

I nod as I agree, "You bet!" I turn to my Sensei and hug her. "Thank you for everything, Hotaru."

"Of course. I'll miss you, too, Sakuya."

I move on to Kakashi and hug my Guardian. "It'll be lonely without you, Sakuya," He says. "I'll take care of the animals for you. I've seen how you take care of Kin."

"Thank you, Kakashi," I say as we pull back.

I stand with my family as we watch the Leaf ninja's ship pull out and disappear into the distance.

Third Person's P. O. V:

Izumo and Kotetsu freeze as a blue swivel chair goes sailing through the window of the Hokage's office and hits the ground below.

Sweat dripping, Izumo mutters, "I don't think it'll be a good idea to see Hokage-sama right now."

Kotetsu agrees, nodding. "You're right."

In the office, Tsunade was absolutely furious. She slams her hands on her desk as she demands, "So you're telling me, that after you completed your mission and were gone for a month, you left the Fujikami princess—my student—behind?!"

"W-Well, you see, Tsunade-sama," Kakashi begins carefully, "she chose to stay behind. And her parents agreed that when they defeated the Ryuzaki clan, she could go home. After all, the only reason Sakuya came with me to the Hidden Leaf was because of the Ryuzaki invading her home. Now that they're not, she's free to return. Sakura also said she'd be back at one point."

Tsunade glares at him before letting out a sigh. "I suppose you're right. I was aware of her situation when I trained Sakuya in her homeland all those years ago. I just didn't think she'd actually stay behind. The Fujikami have never been allies with anyone due to their secrecy. But, after everything that's happened, I'm thinking of requesting an alliance with the Fujikami. They'd make a powerful ally."

Kakashi says with a closed eye smile, "I'm sure Sakuya would be happy about that."

Tsunade watches him carefully before asking, "How are you coping with the loss of your ward, who's been like a daughter to you?" She looks to Hotaru. "And you? Since Sakuya was your student."

"I'm doing alright, Tsunade-sama," Responds Kakashi.

Hotaru nods her head. "I'm doing fine as well, though it is strange not having my female student around, punching Ren whenever he'd say something out of line."

"...... How are Kyo and Ren doing?" Tsunade asks next.

"Well," Hotaru begins. "They've been upset about it, but you couod hardly tell with Kyo. Ren hasn't even said any of his usual sexist things. I think he misses Sakuya just as much as the others."

"I still don't get how Sakuya was able to calm Naruto down from the Nine Tails," Tsunade murmurs.

Hotaru says, "I think it has something to do with how protective she is over him."

Tsunade gazes at her for a moment before nodding in agreement. "You might be right. Sakuya has always been overprotective of Naruto." Tsunade sighs. "Alright. That's it for your report. You're all dismissed."

The Jounin leave and Kakashi mutters, "That wasn't as bad as I'd thought."

"I guess it could've been worse," Hotaru shrugs.

The Jounin split off to do their own thing for the rest of the day.

Sakuya's P. O. V:

I blink my eyes as I step into my old bedroom in the Tower, on the fifth floor. The walls were cream and decorated with cherry blossoms. There were a couple of bookshelves and a window opposite the door.

My bed is pushed to the left wall with my wardrobe against my right and there's a set of drawers along with a nightstand on be side of my bed.

Mum asks as I step further on and gaze around, "What do you think? It has really changed much since you left seven years ago, except the size of the bed."

I murmur as I slowly turn around and Homura sits on my bed, "It's nice. I do miss my old room." I sway slightly but mum catches me. "I'm fine, mum."

"You still haven't fully recovered from your chest wound. Did you take your medicine like the doctor requested?"

"Not yet," I admit as mum sits me in a chair near my shelves that I use for reading.

"You should take it now, then."

"Okay," I sigh. I take my medicine and mum leaves while I get reacquainted with my old room, Homura curling up on my lap.