Chapter 78

Sakuya's P. O. V:

The next morning, I'm in the training field with Homura and she fires her Exploding Flame Shot Jutsu at me.

I use my Fire Manipulation Technique to lessen the Jutsu a bit as I dive to the side. I then shoot my own fireballs at Homura but she dodges them with ease.

I thrust my hands forward and a stream of fire shoots for the nekomata. She avoids it before firing more balls of fire at me.

I then do a set of hand signs and focus my chakra into the air before sending blasts of it at Homura. She dodges them too.

I send out streams of air but Homura evades the attack.

I do a set of hand signs and take on the form of a white cat before I lunge for Homura. She and I swing our claws stone another but don't actually scrape each other.

We continue this for half an hour and after I do a few backflips to avoid Homura's claws, I straighten up and say, "I think we should stop there. I want to work on that Water Style Jutsu." She huffs in response and I poof back to my human form. I fade a tree and do hand signs. "Water Style: Water Dragon Severing Wave Jutsu."

I focus chakra to my left hand and aim it at the tree. A beam of water shoots out, but it barely reaches halfway to the tree, before dropping into a puddle of water. "Damn," I mutter, frowning. "I've been working on it since getting back to the Hidden Leaf for this other Jutsu I want to create, but I still haven't mastered this one." I take a deep breath and do the same hand signs again. "Focus, Sakuya. Water Style: Water Dragon Severing Wave Jutsu."

I fire another beam of water and this time it stretches a bit further, though still not quite at the tree.

"Almost," I say.

After an hour of trying and failing to master the Water Dragon Severing Wave, I look up to see a messenger bird circling above me.

I murmur, "It looks like I'm being summoned."

Homura climbs to her feet and I mount her. She takes flight for the Hokage tower. We get there and I knock on Tsunade's office door. She calls to enter and I see Kakashi and Hotaru there.

I smile at the two as I stand beside my Guardian.

"Good. You're all here. I have an S Ranked mission for the three of you," The blonde woman begins.

"The three of us?" I echo, tilting my head. She nods in confirmation.

"You're to escort Dan Inugami, the leader of Yakigakure, Village Hidden by Night, back to his village. He was visiting his allies when Dan-sama was attacked and decided to request an escort from the Hidden Leaf. He's a very important lord, so if anything were to happen to him, there'd be repercussions. You must guard Dan-sama at all costs and get him back safely, understand?"

"Yes, ma' am," We agree, nodding.

"I'll bring him to the main gate. You leave in fifteen minutes," Tsunade tells us.

She dismisses us before we exit the room and go to prepare for the mission.

                     🌸🌸🌸

At home, I have a two minute shower and wash my hair before I grab my bag with my essentials and go find Sakura to ask her to look after the animals for me. She agrees to and I go to meet my team at the gate.

When I get there, even Kakashi was on time with Hotaru.

"You finally showed up," Greets Kakashi.

"I had to ask someone to look after the animals while I was away," I reply sheepishly. I gaze around, not seeing Tsunade or our client. "Where's Tsunade-sama?"