Chapter 42

Sakuya's P. O. V:

The crowd cheers for the next match.

"Hey? What's going on here?! Hurry up and start the next match!"

"Come on! Let's go!"

"Sometime before night falls!!"

Genma scowls at that.

I wonder aloud, my hands on my hips, "That Sasuke... what in the world does he think he's doing?! Sasuke couldn't be thinking of forfeiting! And where the hell is Kakashi?!"

Shino states, "A wise man never quits danger, leading to a wise decision."

Naruto asks, leaning his arms on the railing, "Huh? What are you talking about? He's definitely going to be here, believe it!"

Naruto and I glance towards Gaara, the Uzumaki glaring as Gaara meets our gazes.

I hear Kankuro mutter to Temari, "What are we gonna do now? If he doesn't show up, our strategy is ruined!"

Temari hisses back, "This is really bad!"

"You've gotta be kidding me!"

"Come on! Give us a fight!"

"Boo!!"

A brown haired, brown eyed Chunin with a scar on the left side of his face appears before Genma and they exchange words. Genma nods his head in understanding before the second Chunin poofs away.

Genma turns to address everyone. "Listen everyone! One of the competitors from the next battle has not arrived yet. So, we're going to postpone this match briefly and simply jump ahead to the battle that would've followed this one." I was both stunned and relieved; it just means Shino and Kankuro are up next.

I say, "That's good!"

Shikamaru says in realisation, "Hey! That means my battle is one match closer now! What a drag!"

Genma calls, "Then onto the next battle! So, Shino and Kankuro! Come down!"

Shino places a hand on the rail as Kankuro exchanges looks with Temari. He looks back at the Proctor as he calls, "Proctor! I withdraw!" This confuses all of us. "I withdraw, so please! Advance to the next match!"

The crowd shouts unhappily as I gaze at the brunette in confusion. Why would he suddenly withdraw? That just doesn't make any sense!

Genma lets out a sigh as he closes his eyes briefly. He states, "Due to Kankuro's withdrawal, Shino Aburame wins by default." This causes the crowd to boo again.

"What?!"

"Boo!"

"We came here to see a real match! We don't wanna see this!"

"Boo!"

Genma announces as Kyo starts to leave, "Then the next match is Kyo Suzumoto VS Madoka Amano. You're up!"

I call after my teammate as Madoka follows him, "Good luck, Kyo-kun!"

He pauses to look back at me and nod his head. Kyo continues down the stairs.