Chapter 8

BANGCHAN'S POV

"You like her?" Lee know's eyebrows rise and my eyes widen.

"What?" I quickly looked at the group in front of us, making sure no one heard that, especially not Y/N. "What are you talking about?" I continue, now meeting eyes with a smirking Lee know.

"It's so obvious." He tries to hold in a laugh as I blankly stare at him.

"It is?" I ask, completely dumbfounded as his eyebrows shoot up once again.

"I mean- No! I don't like her!" I quickly defend myself, realizing I've been caught red-handed.

"Usually I don't care, but there hasn't been enough drama lately and I'm bored." He blankly stares at me, smiling.

I scoff and look away, not believing that he's exposing me for entertainment. "Well." I look down at my hands, then looking back up at Lee know. "Let's talk about this later, I don't want anyone to overhear this."

"Overhear what?" Felix asks, standing in front of me.

"When did you even stand up?!" I put my face into my hands, sighing. "Great, now multiple people will know!" I say sarcastically, looking back up at Felix and then to Lee know.

"Know what?!" Felix's eyes light up, realizing he has a chance at knowing some of the recent drama.

"Nothing-" I start to talk before Lee know cuts me off.

"He likes Y/N." He says, pulling up a chair and taking his seat. I hesitantly look at Felix, almost laughing to myself after noticing his dropped jaw and wide eyes.

"You do?!" He screams, making everyone turn to look at us.

"Haha! Yes, I do use your shampoo!" I say loudly. Everyone turns back to talk to Y/N again as I sigh in relief.

"What?" Felix furrows his eyebrows in utter confusion.

"Felix, you just got EVERYONE'S attention. What if they heard us?!" I whisper-yell at him.

"Sorry, hyung..." He puts his hands on both sides of my shoulder, patting them. "But I want to know!" He makes a sad face to me.

I continuously shake my head and look down. "We can all talk later, okay? Not right now!" I pull out my phone and look at the time. Shit! It's 8pm...

I quickly walk over to the group, making eye contact with Y/N. "Hey, Y/N. It's 8pm, when we're you going to head back?" I see her eyes quickly widen as she immediately stands up and grabs her things. "Now I guess?" I smile at my remark.

She makes her way through the boys surrounding her. "I have to go! See you guys later!" She says, practically running to the door.

"Wait!" I run to the door as well. "I'll walk you home. It's dark and it's not safe for you to go alone." I open the door for her but she just stands there, looking like she's seen a ghost again.

"No! You don't have to!" She laughs nervously and I smile back to her.

"No, it's okay! I insist." I look at the open door. "Go ahead." I smile again, watching her walk through the door.

We walk for a few minutes in silence before I turn to look at her. "I'm going to start working back at the coffee shop in the afternoons. I won't be able to hang out as much but you can still come over to see the other boys." I smile brightly to her.

"Oh. That's okay." She smiles, but it seems sad. I look at the ground before gaining the courage to ask.

"Are you okay? You've seemed kinda off lat-"

"Wait. Drop me off here." She says, pulling me to the side with her hands on my chest.

My heart starts beating so fast, she might've been able to hear it. "Huh? Why? Your house is only around the corner, I can walk you there." I smile, taking her hands into mine for a second before letting go.

___________

Y/N'S POV

Chan takes my hands into his and I can feel my face start to burn. Shit, I'm definitely red right now.

"I'm okay the rest of the way!" I smile at Chan before trying to walk away slowly.

"Are you sure..?" He rubs the back of his neck with a worried expression plastered on his face.

"Yep! I'm sure! Thank you, Chan!" I practically ran around the corner and straight to my house. I can't take the chance to be any later than I already am.

I step up to the doorstep, hands trembling as I reach for the doorknob to open it. Instead, the door opens on its own, and my father peers down at me with anger-filled eyes.

I immediately look back to make sure Chan isn't watching. Thankfully, he is not. Right as if on cue, I'm dragged into my own house by my hair while being screamed at.

My heart races as I wonder how I'm going to cover all of the bruises. If Chan or the other boys even find one, I think I'm done for...

TO BE CONTINUED