Chapter 10

Y/N'S POV - TW: SA & SH MENTIONING

I wake up, completely drenched in sweat while my whole body aches. I sit there for what feels like eternity. I manage to move my arm enough to pick up my phone.

___________

3:24 PM

8 NEW MESSAGES FROM CHAN ❤
4 MISSED CALLS FROM CHAN ❤

___________

"Shit. What..." I mumble out, quickly sitting up. My whole body aches, I immediately hold my hips, trying to ease the pain.

"Fuck!" I accidentally let out, gasping in realization, remembering my father could be home.

I drop to the floor as soon as I try to stand up. I sigh, deciding to try again and again.

For what feels like eternity, I'm finally able to stand on my own two feet. I walk slowly to my room, looking for my father in each as I do so.

Luckily, he's not here at all. He's probably out at a club, throwing money at 18 year old girls. I scoff, pushing my door open and falling onto my bed.

I lie there for a second before realizing I'm still fully naked. I manage to stand up again, walking to my closet. But before I could make it, I pause at the door of my bathroom.

I walk into the bathroom, looking in the mirror at my body. The bruises cover my body like stripes on a zebra. My heart hurts, knowing that my own father did this to me.

My heart drops, realizing my father had seen my self harm. I'm sure that when he gets home, I'll be punished. My eyes start to water as I walk out of my bathroom as fast as I could.

I walk to my closet, picking out an outfit to quickly put on. I pick out sweat pants and a long-sleeve shirt, making sure to cover any sign of what my father had done to me.

I walk out of my room, taking my phone out of my pocket and checking my phone.

___________

4:03 PM

8 NEW MESSAGES FROM CHAN ❤
4 MISSED CALLS FROM CHAN

___________

I open the messages from Chan, my heart pounding.

___________

chan ❤

Hey, are you coming to school today?

8:09 AM

___________ TODAY ___________

???

12:26 PM

Are you okay?

Y/N?

Hello?

12:48 PM

I'm starting to get worried, Y/N.

Please answer.

1:53

I'm going to come over, okay?

3:58

___________

"What?!"

I look at the time, my heart staring to race again. It's 4:16 PM...

Suddenly, the doorbell rings. Honestly, I almost shit myself. I realize that I'm in the living room so I immediately duck out of view from the windows.

"Shit..." I whisper, sighing while walking up to the door. I open it to see a worried looking Chan in front of me. His eyes go wide at the sight of me, he looks like he wants to give me a big hug. Which, honestly, I could really use right now.

"Y/N! Are you okay?!" He puts his hands out. I give him a soft smile, taking his hands into mine. I laugh, seeing his face start to flush. With his hands in mine, I step out of the door. I take my hands back and lock the door behind me, turning back to a pink Chan.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, secretly looking around for my father. He could come back any second.

"Oh..." He has a sad look on my face as he tenses up. "I'm sorry. I was just worried."

I put my hands on his arm, "No, it's okay! Say, let's go somewhere, yeah?" I ask him, starting to walk without an answer.

"Uh, sure!" He walks up beside me, looking over to me again and again. "Why weren't you at school?" He asks, looking back at the road as we walk.

"Oh." My whole body tenses, almost unable to continue walking. "I was sick, but I feel better now." I completely lie. I want to tell Chan but I can't. I know what my father will do to me if he finds out that I told him. And most importantly, I can't put that much pressure on Chan. It's my problem after all.

"You don't look sick, that's good!" He smiles, "So you're coming tomorrow, right?" He looks over to me, a hopeful gleam in his cute eyes.

"Yeah." I say. I'm sure it's not awkward to him, but it is to me. Especially since I just lied to his face.

___________

BANGCHAN'S POV

This is so awkward... I have the feeling like she's hiding something, but she's not comfortable with sharing what that is, so I won't force her.

I look down at her clothes, noticing it's not quite on par with the weather. "Why are you wearing sweats?"

She crosses her arms in front of her, as if she's trying to keep a barrier between her and the question. "I'm cold." She laughs awkwardly.

I sigh to myself, practically dying at the awkwardness.

We quickly walk to a cafe. I stop at a green light so the cars can pass. My heart immediately dropping when I see Y/N.

"Y/N!" I shout. I pull her by the arm, grabbing her waist. Thankfully, I was able to get her out of traffic just in time.

I look at her, noticing that she's in pain. I help her up, immediately apologizing. "I'm sorry! Did I hurt you?!" I realize that I grabbed her too hard, I feel terrible.

"No, it's okay!" She says quickly, "Let's go, I promise I'm fine." She fake laughs, starting to walk to the cafe.

What happened between yesterday and today..? She seemed fine yesterday...

TO BE CONTINUED