Chapter 13

BANGCHAN'S POV

Her father is calling her.

I don't know anything about what's going on, but what I do know is that she ran away. He's either pissed or worried, I don't know the type of person he is yet.

Y/N suddenly drops her phone. She realises and shakily gets on the floor and grabs it, quickly declining the call. I feel ashamed for just standing there, honestly.

I decide to help her up. I hold out my hand and she slowly looks up. Realising she's made a scene, she takes my hand and quickly gets up, dusting off her pants.

"Sorry," she says quietly. "I don't know why I did that." She looks down in shame.

My entire face goes soft. "It's okay, Y/N." I say, rubbing her back in a circle motion, trying to soothe her.

"Let's continue." She says, looking back up at the shelves full of food.

Throughout the time we we're looking for food, I kept glancing at her. It's because I want to make sure she's safe, of course. But, I always notice how beautiful she looks. How elegant she is, even if she's not dressed up fancy. How her hair flows with the smallest gust of wind. How she has a natural, calm look to her face. She's just entirely gorgeous.

Breathtaking, actually. Literally. I just walked straight into a pole.

"Shit, Chan! Are you okay?!" She smiles. I take a step back, immediately putting my hand on my head.

"Ow." I say as I can hear her light laugh. I look up and we make eye contact, until she immediately bursts out laughing.

I scoff and roll my eyes, walking around the pole to her side. "It wasn't that funny." I say under my breath, making sure it's at a level where she can still hear me.

She covers her mouth, trying to hold in the laugh. "Sorry, sorry!" She says, smiling at me. I can't help but smile back, happy that she isn't as upset anymore.

___________

Y/N'S POV

We finish getting everything we needed and start to walk to the exit. "Wait here." He says to me, just as we were about to walk out.

"Huh? Why?" I ask, watching him walk out into the parking lot. "Oh." I whisper under my breath, he didn't even reply. I look around to make sure no one saw that but a woman is behind me.

"Oh, sorry." I awkwardly laugh and move out of her way. She exits the store with her full shopping cart. Kill me now!!

Chan comes back into the supermarket, smiling. "Come on." He says, leading me out of the store.

He brought his car up to the entrance? He opens the passenger door, I quickly step inside and sit down as he shuts the door.

I laugh as I watch him run around the car to the driver side. He opens the door, sitting down, and closing the door again. "Put on your seatbelt!" He says, excited for some apparent reason.

We both put on our seatbelts, making the satisfying click in sync. I look out the window, "Why did you bring your car to the front?" I ask him, genuinely curious.

"Ah," he begins. "It's cold outside and I didn't want you to walk all the way there." He says, I can hear his smile.

I smile to myself, "you're so considerate."

He laughs. "Thank you, I try to be!" He jokes.

Oh. I said that out loud. No way I just gave myself the ick. I shake my head, disappointed in myself.

Suddenly, a voice interrupts my thoughts. "Oh. Also," he pauses for a moment, thinking of what he's going to say. "You don't have to answer, but why were you so afraid of the call from your dad?" He asks.

I turn to look at him, he has a comforting look on his face. One that I feel like I can rant to all day long and not be worried about any consequences.

I sigh, wondering if he'll ever treat me the same if I tell him. He might get mad at me, or even worse, pity me.

"I'm not ready to tell you that, I'm sorry. But I promise, I'll tell you soon." I say, looking back at the window as my eyes gloss over with fresh tears.

"That's okay, whenever you're ready, I'm here to listen." He says, turning on his blinker.

He pulls into the driveway, making sure he aligns correctly into the garage.

___________

BANGCHAN'S POV

I put the car into park, and take off my seatbelt. I pause as I hear Y/N sniffling and "secretly" wiping her eyes. Shit. I really hope I didn't upset her. I shouldn't have asked.

I quickly jump out of the car and to her side. I open the door with my hand out, offering her stability. She takes my hand and gives me a small smile, walking up to the front door.

I walk to the trunk and quickly grab the bags and join Y/N at the front door. Just then, the door suddenly swings open and a short Changbin appears.

"Finally! What took you so long?! I'm hungry!" Changbin whines like an angry baby, grabbing the bags from my hand and running away.

"You're always hungry!" Felix shouts, standing up and running to join Changbin in the kitchen.

"Gosh..." I say under my breath as me and Y/N both step into the big white house.

I close the door an take off my shoes as Y/N does the same.

TO BE CONTINUED