Chapter 15

Y/N'S POV - TW: MENTIONS OF ABUSE & SA

I take a moment, thinking of how I can make this sound like less of a vent.

"Well..." I start, looking down. "I ran away because of family problems..." I add.

"What type of family problems?" He asks softly.

There's calm in his voice, but mine is shaking with every breath I take and every word I speak.

"Um..." I say under my breath. I fiddle with my hands, trying to relieve the anxiety I have.

"The type of family problems that are... Abusive..." I say slowly, looking up to see his reaction.

He has a very shocked look plastered on his face. Once he notices that I look scared, his face immediately turns calm.

He suddenly pulls me into a hug. I wrap my arms around his neck, placing my face on my arms, sighing.

"What does he do to you?" He whispers but pauses before continuing. "If you don't mind me asking."

I take a second before replying, my face still buried in my arm. "He... hits me. And..." I say slowly, pausing after.

I can feel my tears start to form, I pull away from him and quickly wipe my tears.

"He does what?" He asks softly.

"He sexually assaulted me." I say, finally able to get it out.

Silence fills the room. I slowly lift my head up, dreading his reaction.

His eyebrows are furrowed and a vein is popping out on his forehead. Shit. He's mad.

"Are you mad?" I ask, my voice incredibly shaky.

He notices it and calms himself before answering. "Just at your father, Y/N. Not at you."

He looks me in my eyes, noticing the tears. "Don't cry..." He lifts his hand up to my face and wipes my tears away from my eyes.

"He's not worth your tears." His hand moves from my face to the back of my head. He rubs his hands in circles on my head, soothing me.

"I know." I say, barely able to speak. I can't believe I'm crying in front of him right now. For the second time...

"I have a question." He whispers, still rubbing the back of my head.

I look up at him. I hum in response, giving him permission to proceed.

"Where did you get your hope? What kept you going through all of that?" He slowly asks, reading my expression as he does so.

I look down, tears filling my eyes once again. "I don't know..." I start, "you've really helped me though."

I look up at him and smile, hot tears still falling down my face.

He gives me a sad smile and reaches up to my head, patting it.

I bring my hands up to my face, wiping the fallen tears. "Sorry..." I mumble.

He smiles again. "There's nothing to be sorry for." He brings me closer and gives me a tight hug once again.

After what felt like forever, he says "You should probably get some rest." he smiles.

I nod and he stands up, smiling. He walks to the door, "Come to the couch if you need anything." he says before opening it.

He walks out, leaving me alone with my thoughts. I fall backwards into his bed with a big sigh.

I can't believe that just happened. I not only live in his house now but I've cried to him twice? Gosh, what is wrong with me?

___________

Y/N'S POV

I almost have a heart attack as I hear my alarm go off. I lean over and turn it off and lay back down for a moment.

Now I have to face Chan again. What am I going to do...? Suddenly I hear a knock on my door.

"Y/N? It's me, Chan. Can I come in?" I hear from behind the door. Speak of the devil I guess.

"Yeah." I say. To my surprise, he actually heard me and opens the door. He closes it behind me and walks over to me.

"I just wanted to check on you and tell you that there's chocolate chip pancakes downstairs if you want some." He smiles but it suddenly drops when he remembers.

"Are you doing better?" He asks, a worried look plastered on his face.

I stand up out of his bed and look at him. "Yeah, I'm doing okay!" I laugh. God, that was so fake but hopefully he doesn't notice.

He gives me a small smile and glances to the door. "Let's go downstairs?" he asks me, hesitantly putting his hand out.

I take his hand, my face turning a bright shade of red as we walk towards the door.

TO BE CONTINUED