Chapter 14

BANGCHAN'S POV

We all finish eating our food. I check the time on my watch, my eyes going wide. I quickly stand up, "Everyone needs to sleep now! It's 11:47 PM! We have school tomorrow."

Everyone looks at me as I start to take their plates. "Noooo!" Felix whines. "I wanted to play Genshin before sleeping!" He says.

"Sorry Felix, tomorrow you can." I say, walking to the kitchen and placing all the dishes in the sink.

Y/N stands up and looks at me. We make eye contact and I motion her to follow me. We walk up the stairs and into my room.

I point to the air mattress on the floor beside my bed. "I'll sleep there, okay?" I smile.

She nods in response, "Okay!" She returns my smile.

Han and Felix barge into my room, play fighting. "Hey stop it!" Han yells, secretly laughing.

"Go back to your ro-" I shout before I'm cut off with a popping sound as well as a crash.

Shit. Han just popped the air mattress.

"Han! What the fuck?" I ask, obviously seeing the scissors in his hand.

"Oops! Guess you have to sleep together now!" He shrugs, an annoying grin plastered on his face.

"No, I'm sleeping on the couch now I guess." I say, looking at Y/N.

I look back at the two boys that are still on the floor. "You two, downstairs, now." I instruct. They quickly stand up and follow me out of my room and down the stairs.

I turn around to face them. "Han, why did you pop it?" I ask sternly.

"Felix told me you had a crush on Y/N so I just thought I'd do Gods work." He explains. He pauses for a moment and scoffs. "But you had to ruin it by saying you'll sleep on the couch." He rolls his eyes.

I look at Felix. "Sorry..." He rubs the back of his neck, looking away at nothing in particular.

I sigh dramatically. "It's whatever." I say calmly.

The boys' faces look extremely surprised. "What?" They say in unison.

"Huh?" I ask, genuinely confused.

"It's just that..." Felix pauses for a moment. "You'd usually assign us to clean the house, do the dishes, or take out the trash for punishment. Or all three..." He has a worried look on his face.

"Although you did something dumb," I start. "Your intention was to help me. So it's okay." I smile.

"Ew." Lee know says from the top of the stairs.

We all look up at him as he just turns around and goes back to his room.

___________

Y/N'S POV - A FEW DAYS LATER

I jump into Chan's bed as usual while he's sleeping on the couch in the living room. I do feel bad about taking his bed, but no matter how much I insist that he should have his bed, he'll never agree.

I pull out my phone, looking at my notifications just to see the one I dreaded to see. My father's.

I haven't been in that house for about a week now and my life has been so much better. I hesitantly read the messages, expecting the worst.

___________

18 MISSED CALLS FROM FATHER

21 TEXT MESSAGES FROM FATHER:

Y/N come home now.

Where the fuck are you?!

You can't just leave like that.

I will find you.

CLICK TO READ MORE

___________

I stare at the messages, reading word by word, over and over again. Honestly, I'm terrified of my own father. Trying to not make a mistake so that I don't get punished wasn't hard.

But now that I've made this big decision to run away, I'm honestly terrified. I know he meant his threats. And he will act up to them. I know him.

That's why I'm scared. I feel a hot tear stream down my face. Then another. Then another. And before I know it, I'm sobbing into Chan's pillow. I hate that I feel like this about my own father.

___________

BANGCHAN'S POV

I stand up from the dining room chair after finishing a late night snack before walking upstairs. I pass my room and walk into bathroom but stopping at the doors, realising I heard something.

"Was that crying?" I whisper to myself, taking a few steps back to my bedroom. I put my ear up to the door, trying to listen closely.

Yeah. That's crying. I knew something was wrong with Y/N, I still just don't know what.

I softly knock on the door and the crying immediately stops. I stand there for about a minute before the door slowly opens to a red-eyed Y/N.

My heart hurts just seeing her like this. "Can I come in?" I whisper. She looks behind her into the room then looks back at me, nodding softly.

I walk in, Y/N closing the door behind us. "What did you need?" She says quietly and then clears her throat.

"I'll be honest." I stay strongly, getting straight to the point. "I heard you crying." Her face goes blank, making me unable to read her expression.

She says nothing. It's so quiet, I can hear her breathing. I look her in the eyes, "Please be honest with me. Tell me what's going on, I can help."

I walk over to my bed, motioning her to sit beside me. She stares at me for a second before hesitantly walking over and sitting down.

"So? Tell me about it." I put my hands on my knees, giving her my full attention, ready for whatever she's going to vent to me about.

But no matter how much I try, I would never be prepared for what was about to come out of her mouth.

TO BE CONTINUED