Chapter 23

Y/N'S POV

It's been a week since Christmas and I painfully miss it. In just a few hours is the day we go back to school. It's about 10pm and I still haven't fallen asleep. Saying I'm nervous is an understatement, especially after what had happened with Yena. Kids at my school are still talking about it. I try to tell myself that I'm not worried because I have Chan and the other boys by my side, but I know I'm just lying to myself.

Chan knocks on the door, cutting me off from my thoughts. I sit up from his bed, pulling out my IPad, acting like I was doing something. "Come in." I shout before Chan opens the door, revealing his angel-like face.

"Hey! I'm surprised you answered." He starts, closing the door and sitting on his bed beside me. "Why are you still awake?"

"Can't sleep." I say honestly , turning off my iPad and placing it to the side. This is sad to admit, but I haven't been that honest in a while.

He tilts his head to the side, trying to get a better view of my entire face. "Is something wrong?" He asks, his sixth sense being alerted again I suppose.

I shake my head. "No." I say, picking at my nails.

He leans back, narrowing his eyes. "You can tell me if you want." He says, giving me a warm smile that feels like home.

I don't say anything. I just look down at my hands, continuing to pick at my nails until they bleed. "That's okay if you don't want to." He places his hand on my hands, trying  to stop me. He stands up from the bed, walking into the bathroom.

I hear him shuffling around in something until he comes back out with a box of bandaids and rubbing alcohol, returning to sit back on the bed. "You don't have to." I say, attempting to make him less worried at the least. Instead, he ignores me, directing his attention to my hand, picking it up into his and taking a little bit of the rubbing alcohol on a Qtip.

"Sorry..." he says, truthfully apologetic. He puts it on my cut, making me wince in pain. He quickly takes a bandaid out of the box, unwrapping it and placing it on the cut. After, he places my hand down gently, taking my other hand into his.

He takes another Qtip, repeating the same process on my other hand. What I've noticed about him is that he always looks calm. The type of look to calm you down even in a natural disaster. He's a very comforting person. Someone I wish to be.

As I notice our hands are basically intertwined with each other, my heart begins to beat rapidly. Any type of physical touch with this man, is practically the death of me. He gently sets down my hand, closing the box of bandaids again, and standing up to take them back to the bathroom again.

He comes back, standing at the bedside instead of sitting down. "I'll be back in one second." He says, running his hand through his hair and opening the door. I take this moment of alone time to attempt to slow down my heart rate. Any normal person would think I'm on a roller coaster. But no. I literally only held hands with...

My crush?

Yeah.

My crush.

Chan returns into the room with a tub of gifts and places them beside me. "These are just a small portion of Han's anxiety toys. I thought they could help you." He smiles, taking off the lid to show me everything inside. "There's two different kinds of slime you can stretch or rip, stress balls, popits, and more." He says, keeping it open to let me take a look.

I stare down at the gift for forever. No one has ever given me such a thoughtful gift. "Y/N?" He gets my attention, making me look up. His face immediately softens with a slightly expression of sadness.

"Don't cry..." he says under his breath, immediately taking me into a tight hug. I rest my face upon his muscular build, feeling more relaxed I've ever been in my entire life. He raises his hand to my back, gently rubbing circles on it. "It's okay. I'm here." He whispers, tightening the hug.

"I'm sorry..." my voice breaks as I automatically feel embarrassed for crying in front of him.

He shakes his hand. "Don't worry about that now." He whispers, looking down at me.

_____________
BANGCHAN'S POV

We stay in comfortable silence for a moment until I break it. "What helps put you to sleep?" I asks, trying to at least get her to sleep if I can't. She doesn't respond. Oh. Well I guess I already did. I smile until I realize I can't get back to where I sleep. She's sleeping while hold onto me. I look down at the bed, sighing. I guess I don't really have a choice now.

I slowly bring her down with me, laying on my bed. I manage to pull the blankets over us, breathing out shakily as my heart begins to race. We're so close that we're sharing one pillow. I thought I would be awake the entire night as usual, but I quickly fell asleep in Y/N's embrace.

TO BE CONTINUED