Chapter 25

BANGCHAN'S POV

Once everyone is finally finished eating, we start to leave for school. "Hey Y/N!" I shout, stopping her as the other members start to walk around her.

"Yeah?" She asks me, lifting up her tote bag onto her shoulder.

"I was just wondering..." I leaned closer to her. "Do you want to skip?" I whisper.

She gives me a blank face. "What?" She asks, genuinely confused.

She looks over, making eye contact with me. Our faces are inches away which feels like the millionth time this has happened recently. "I said did you want to skip?"

She looks around, still confused. "What do you mean?" She asks as I can feel her breath on me.

I stand back up straight, taking her hand and bringing her back into the kitchen. "Well... you've been very stressed lately and I just thought we could use today to take your mind off of it before we go to back to school tomorrow." I say, leaning against the counter.

Her face softens as she looks at me, subtle tears forming in her eyes. "Really?" She asks as I nod. "You'd do that for me?" I laugh as she walks up to me, taking me into a tight hug.

I can tell she needed this. And I wanted to do this for her. No one else.

She releases me from the hug, wiping her face. She wouldn't allow me to see, but I assumed she was crying. My heart breaks for her. How can such a sweet person go through the worst in life?

She turns around, still not allowing me to see her face. "So, what are we going to do today?" She asks in a shaky voice.

I smile. "You'll see." I say.

She sighs, turning back around. "I hate it when you do that. Just tell me!" She begs.

"Nope! Now go get ready and wear something comfortable!" I say, pointing to our now "shared" room? Maybe?

She walks out of the kitchen and up the stairs, slowly walking into my room.

A few minutes later, she comes out wearing a hoodie and sweat pants. Perfect fit for the weather. And for the activities I have planned.

She walks down the stairs and up to me. "Seriously, what are we doing?" She says more serious this time.

"You'll see!" I continue to tease her. She scoffs as she softly hits the back of my head.

I pull her by the wrist. I surprisingly don't know my own strength as she face plants into my chest. I laugh softly after checking to make sure she's okay. "Sorry..." I say as she slowly leans up, placing her other hand onto my chest.

She quickly gets off of me, remembering she's still upset at me. She walks out into the garage after putting her shoes on as I follow her. I unlock my car as we both get inside. She looks at me. "Don't you need to put it in the GPS?" She asks, still trying to find out where we're going.

I laugh at her cute antics. "Nope. I know where it is." I say, pulling out of the driveway. She sighs, crossing her arms, and admitting defeat.

"It's okay. You'll find out soon enough." I assure her. She ignores me, looking out the window instead.

I laugh to myself before looking back at the road.

Soon enough, we pull into the movie theater parking lot. Just as she reads the sign, she immediately looks over to me. "We're watching a movie?" She excitedly asks.

"Yep!" I turn off the car, looking at her as comfortable silence fills the car.

She clears her throat. "Which one are we watching?" She points to the banner on the door.

I look at the selection for a moment before looking back to her. "Whichever you want to see, I suppose." I say getting out of the car and running to her side to open the door.

"Thank you." She says, taking my hand and placing her feet onto the ground.

I slam the door before we head inside together. We stand a few feet away from the cashier so she can decide what we're going to watch.

She breaths in sharply. "I don't know! What do you want to watch?" She asks, turning towards me.

I raise my hands immediately. "You're making the choices." I smile as she rolls her eyes, turning back to the board of options.

She raises her hand to her face, placing her fingertip onto her lip. "Maybe..." she scans over the board for what feels like the millionth time. "It begins with you?" She asks me.

"What is that?" I ask, wondering why she picked it.

"I've seen it basically everywhere. It's a romance movie." She smiles, finally satisfied with her choice.

Romance? I smile. "Okay." I walk up to the cashier and pay for our tickets as well as some popcorn, candy, and drinks.

As we're walking to the entrance, she suddenly stops. "Sorry," she laughs. "I have to use the bathroom!" I nod, taking her drink and setting it onto the bench beside the bathroom that she quickly ran off into.

I take a seat, placing the popcorn and candy beside me. I pull out my phone, noticing I have hundreds of messages.

_________

"stray kids" Group Chat : 8 online

_________

muscleman: anyone seen chan and Y/N at all?

brownieboy: actually, now that I think of it, no.

iamfox: @aussielove
he's not responding either

quokkaquokka: they're probably on a date LMAOOO

brownieboy: LOL you're so right

You: I'm not on a date.

seungmininthebuilding: then where are you grandpa
I told you not to go out on your own again...

You: 1. I'm not old. 2. I'm with Y/N at the movie theater.

muscleman: literally the definition of a date but okay

namemycats: have fun you two love birds
but not too much fun.

americanojoha: ew

You: just pay attention in class ...

_________

I turn off my phone just as Y/N comes out. I smile, standing up, and handing her drink back to her. "Sorry to keep you waiting..." she says, taking her drink.

I pick up my drink, the popcorn, and the candy. "Nope, you're okay!" I laugh. Her eyes shift to my hands.

"Are you carrying too much..?" She asks, trying to take the candy from me.

I step back, not allowing her to take it. "No, I'm good." She sighs. We both walk into the movie theater, low key struggling to find our seats. Seriously, why should a movie theater even have assigned seats to begin with?!

After a few minutes, we sit down and the movie finally starts.

_________

TO BE CONTINUED

(it isn't a real movie. i don't think...)