1.

Author's point of view

All curious eyes were directed to the brown-eyed girl as she entered the classroom

All curious eyes were directed to the brown-eyed girl as she entered the classroom. Some looked at her thanks to her good looks and others were just curious about the girl they had never seen before.

Alejandro Baldé was focused on the book he should have finished two days ago and Xavi Simons seemed more interested in staring at the pretty girl.

Mavie chose a seat at the front, as she tried not to get irritated by all those male gazes. Little by little the room became crowded and the short woman, who looked to be at most thirty years old, entered the room with her low heels making noise on the floor. She wore a blazer and had her hair tied up so tightly, it looked like her eyebrows were arched all the time.

- Hello! I see a lot of familiar faces but for new students, I'm Charlotte Newman! It will be a pleasure to be your literature teacher this school year! -Mavie had sympathized with her and not just because she saw the copy of Wuthering Heights, her favorite book, on her desk but because she seemed to be a confident and self-assured woman.

- Let's do a warm-up class, where no one will be forced to give an opinion, only if they want! We will discuss Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen! Does anyone want to comment on this?

The students looked at each other, still rusty from the holidays, but Mavie Jenner raised her hand with such excitement that even Professor Newman was surprised.

-Yes? - She pointed to the girl with brown eyes, who adjusted herself in the chair before starting to say. She had many observations about that classic.

-Oh, Darcy was a pathetic pride! He definitely didn't deserve a woman as incredible and strong as Elizabeth. -The comment shocked some people who loved the book, after all it was a very different opinion from what they were used to.

- So you think he hasn't changed for his beloved? -The teacher asked, with a mixture of astonishment and curiosity, Mavie laughed sarcastically.

- Not even an asshole man really changes! They just pretend to please us.

- Well, I disagree! -A male voice coming from the back of the room made Mavie turn her body almost completely. -Darcy never changed for Elizabeth, she only brought out the best side of him that certainly already existed somewhere.

Mavie felt furious when she saw the boy with curly, well-brushed hair and flushed cheeks, contradicting her like that.

-As always, men deciding to do a good thing just to get women's attention! They never change on their own, it's like they don't have a brain and having a woman is all that matters.

- So you don't think it's romantic for a man to change for a woman? —It was Xavi Simons' turn to question, the girl was a mystery to him.

-Certainly not! They are not doing more than their obligations, trying to act like civilized and sensible people. -The brown-eyed girl shrugged, Alejandro began to find the fact that she always knew what to say incredible.

-Good opinions kids! I'm happy to see them interacting like this. — The teacher smiled, returning to her desk to get the copy of Pride and Prejudice.

The oldest returned to the center of the room, giving a brief summary of the book for all the lost people who had never read it. Mavie just forgot about the little debate and paid attention to the teacher, but Alejandro was still watching her with some admiration and then poked Xavi's arm to make a comment.

- I think I found my Elizabeth Bennet.