13.

Author's point of view

Alejandro had watched Mavie throughout the literature class, which was the last of the day

Alejandro had watched Mavie throughout the literature class, which was the last of the day. He sensed that she was even more depressed than the day before and sensed that something was wrong, so she passed him a note asking him to meet her in the library after class.

The school library was often empty during lunchtime and was the perfect place to talk to someone without any interruptions.

Alejandro arrived at the location early, after all he was anxious about what she had to say. He knew he liked her even if it wasn't anything very intense, her strong personality attracted him in a way he had never been attracted to before and he wouldn't give up until he won that heart of stone.

- Finally. - He joked, as soon as Mavie reached the modern literature shelf. -John Green. -He smiled, showing a copy of "Who are you, Alaska?"

- I admire Alaska, I always found her personality very striking. -She didn't smile, her eyes still showed sadness. It's a shame that those things happened to her but bad things happen, that's life.

-Are you well?

-I have a lot to tell you and I need you to just be quiet and listen to me. - Alejandro ended up laughing, Mavie was always very bossy but he liked her way.

-I would like to live that cliché saying that when I saw you in literature class, I completely fell in love with you.

-Oh.- Alejandro threatened to speak but Mavie signaled him to shut up.

-But I hated you! I hated it even more when I found you in the office and every other time you came to me! My hatred softened while we were talking about boybands but it came back as soon as you acted like an ordinary man.

- It's just that I am one. - Mavie asked for silence again and Alejandro laughed.

-It turns out that when I realized that your insistence went far beyond wanting to take me to your bed or something like that, I started to think that maybe you weren't so bad. -She smiled weakly, she wasn't prepared to throw him out of her life. —And just maybe, I started to think you were different from the boys I knew.

Mavie felt her heart fill with joy and didn't let her say anything else. Her hands went to the girl's waist and he soon pulled her, gluing their bodies together.

Mavie looked scared but as soon as she touched the boy's soft lips with hers, she felt like it was worth losing what little sanity she still had. Alejandro was surprised and happy to see that the girl returned the kiss and enjoyed that moment, as if it were the last of her entire life.

-You should not have done this. -She whispered as soon as her lips parted.

-You reciprocated. - Alejandro smiled, his eyes showed intense joy and Henrietta felt weak, having to do that.

-We can't see each other again, ever again.

At first those words caught the brunette by surprise, who took a while to assimilate that she was serious about her decision to move away from him.

-Do you really think you can kiss me and then break my heart? - He joked, Mavie sighed.

-I'm serious, I don't want to talk to you or the rest of your group anymore. — She took a step back, she was incredibly good at lying and Alejandro would never realize how much she was suffering from having to say that.

- I don't understand! You showed that you liked me and now you just want to walk away? For no reason?

- I have many reasons, Alejandro.

- And which one is it? Because I really have no idea. -He seemed disappointed, Mavie felt that in her voice.

-Because you are a man and I am destined to stay away from them forever.