6.

Author's point of view

The first class that day would be literature and Mavie was excited

The first class that day would be literature and Mavie was excited. In addition to her passion for books, she also really liked Professor Newman, who was as young at heart as her students were.

As always, it took a few minutes for all the students to enter the room and the girl rolled her eyes as soon as that boy sat down next to her.

- Good morning! -He smiled, beautiful and completely clueless. - Even though you didn't tell me your name, I already found out.

-What do you want with me? - Mavie was quick, she just wanted to get rid of him.

- Well, I ended up finding out that you love music and I thought maybe you would like to accompany me to my house! I have several instruments and I play almost all of them, I am very musical.

-I don't know if I hate more the fact that you come here to brag about your talents or the fact that you're a stranger wanting to take me into your home, do you think I'm weak just because I'm a woman? If you touch me, I'll destroy your perfect face.

-Hey! Let your guard down! -Alejandro let out a little laugh, she was always ready to attack. - Firstly, thank you for the compliment and no, I had no ulterior motive! I just wanted to be nice to you.

- No, you actually wanted to look cool for me. -She shrugged. -But it doesn't work for me! I wouldn't go to your house even if you were Harry Styles himself.

-That was surprising Mavie, you don't look like you like pop music boybands.

-And did I happen to say I liked One Direction?

- In fact, you just turned yourself in, since you know the boy band he was in. -Mavie let her lips curve a little, forming a small smile.

- Asshole . -She whispered.

-Hey, is that a smile?- Alejandro smiled even more, completely happy for the first friendly act that came from her but that ended seconds later.

- Was not! Now that you've received your no and your humiliation, you can leave.

- I won't go, Mavie. –He kept his cute smile, which caused the girl some discomfort. -I'm going to take the opportunity to pair up with the smart girl who has already read each of the classics at least five times.

Mavie would talk seriously to her sister when she got home, she had probably told the older girl's entire life to that boy she barely knew. But the one with brown eyes hoped that she had at least hidden that dark part of her life.

-I don't want to be your partner, Alejandro.

-At least you didn't call me cute and clueless. -He laughed, Mavie wasn't surprised after all, she already imagined that Xavi would tell everything about the conversation they had had. -I'm not going to give up on you, so how about you start collaborating?

- He spoke like a robber about to steal everything I have.

-The most I could steal would be your heart. -Alejandro laughed but Mavie hated the joke.

She was starting to think he wasn't as bad as boys used to be, but she lost hope when she heard him talk like her ex-boyfriend.

The boy had used a phrase like that to win her over and so she was sure that in the end men were all equal. Remembering Nicholas made the girl's mood turn horrible in the same second and this made Alejandro regret having said that innocent sentence.

- Sorry! It was just a joke, I didn't think I would offend you like that.

- Never mind ! Men play with our hearts, they treat us as if we were objects, they hurt us, they kill us, they expose us to everyone at school... and then they apologize! Little do you know, apologies may alleviate the situation, but they will never resolve all the chaos you have caused in our lives.

 and then they apologize! Little do you know, apologies may alleviate the situation, but they will never resolve all the chaos you have caused in our lives