5.

Author's point of view

Lauren stared at her sister curiously as she awkwardly read a book on the couch

Lauren stared at her sister curiously as she awkwardly read a book on the couch. Her curious childish mind caused several questions to surface and she couldn't control them all.

-Why don't you use the internet? -The eldest's brown eyes never left the pages of the copy of Jane Eyre.

-Because people are mean on the internet, Lauren.

-Men? -She asked quickly, after all she knew that her sister was quick with answers.

- All of them and some women too! But women who were influenced by these assholes.

-So why do men exist?

-Because unfortunately, we still need them to populate the Earth.

- But aren't there any good men?

- Most women consider their fathers to be good men, but I don't believe that, if they were that good, they wouldn't abandon their children.

The eldest's words were full of hurt, Mavie hated her own father for abandoning her mother with one daughter and about to give birth to another. But at the same time, if she considered herself a lucky girl, it was great not to have to live with men in her house.

- And that boy from the office? I talked to him and he was super nice to me - Lauren commented excitedly, the oldest closed the book when she realized that they were talking about the boy from literature class.

- Did you talk to him?

- He came to my room when we were leaving, he asked about you and then we talked a little more.

-What did he ask about me? -Mavie even sat down, she was a very curious girl.

-I wanted to know how to tame Catarina Minola! I didn't really understand but he soon explained to me that he wanted to know how to talk to you without being insulted every two minutes.

"What a big son of a bitch, comparing me to a shrew! Little does he know, he's not any kind of Petruchio." She thought as she stared at her sister.

- He's a nice person Mav, he doesn't look anything like Nick.

There was innocence in the younger girl's words but that name made the girl's stomach turn. That was a part of her past that she would rather forget forever.

-Boys are all the same.

- I don't think so! Alejandro sings and plays the piano, he seems more sensitive than the other boys! He promised that someday he'll teach me how to play and...

- Don't talk to him anymore, Lauren.- The older girl's mood had changed radically, the younger sister didn't like it when that happened. -I don't understand why he's chasing me but I don't like it!

- He told me he thought you were very intelligent, much more so than the other girls he knows.

-So he gives me compliments like that? Comparing myself to other women and belittling them all? It's like I said, he's beautiful but very clueless.

-By God Mavie! You are very complicated. -The woman appeared in the room, drawing the attention of her two daughters. Lauren immediately ran into the arms of the woman who walked into the room to hug her. -You're getting really tall, Lauren.

-I go to my room, your chatter prevents my concentration and this story has very complex dialogues.

- You look like a boring old woman! -The woman joked, then laughing. -Listen Mav, when I told you to stay away from men, I meant those assholes and sexists! You can't pass up such an interesting boy.

—Your mistake, mom. —Mavie smiled convinced. — If I'm just going to get away from assholes, I'll have to get away from all the men out there.

 — If I'm just going to get away from assholes, I'll have to get away from all the men out there