17

Author's point of view

Alejandro was panting after stopping in front of the gray house with a bottle of wine in his hands

Alejandro was panting after stopping in front of the gray house with a bottle of wine in his hands.  He wasn't completely drunk but enough to take courage and go to her house.

At first he believed there was no one home but Lauren noticed his presence and then opened the door so he could talk to his sister.

-It's funny how I owe my entire life to an eleven year old girl.  -He joked, Lauren smiled sympathetically.

-I missed you!  And please give me this, my sister doesn't like alcohol.  -She took the bottle of wine from the older man's hands, taking it to the kitchen.

-How can you be so smart, Lauren?

-I had to be Mavie's big sister for a while when those bad things happened.  -She smiled weakly, seemed sad to bring up the subject.  -And I'm not going to tell you anything else!  Good luck with her.

Alejandro nodded and then went up the stairs, still in the dark.  He felt butterflies in his stomach as he climbed each of the steps, then he stopped in front of the door he already knew.

He knocked on the door a few times and Mavie allowed entry, believing it was Lauren.

- I haven't finished his drawing yet, if you really want to know.  -The girl was in front of a small table, lit only by a lamp.

But her smile faded as soon as she realized it wasn't her sister but the boy.  The boy she was painting, before he arrived.

-I didn't know you were an artist.

-How did you get in here?-Mavie looked nervous, as she hid all the sheets in the support under the table.  - You don't need to answer, Lauren.

She had been a little irritated with her sister after all, the youngest knew about literally everything, including that Mavie couldn't be close to Alejandro.

-You should leave, seriously.

-A tu novio no le gusto, ¿verdad? [ -Your boyfriend doesn't like me, does he?]

All Mavie wanted most was to be able to say that Rodrygo was not her boyfriend but she was afraid of the consequences that could result from that.

-You don't want me here but I'm not willing to leave!  It doesn't matter what you say, Elizabeth Bennet.  -He gave a cute smile, while trying to support her body upright.

- I don't like drunks.  -She crossed her arms as she approached him and smelled the alcohol very clearly.

-And I like you, Mavie.  -He smiled, it was very cute but at the wrong time.  - I made a song for you, do you want to hear it?

-No!  Alejandro, go home.  -She sighed.

-I don't understand why you decided to cut me out of your life but you have no idea how much you hurt me!  There's not a damn day that goes by that I don't think about you, why did you leave me this way?  - Alejandro was about to cry, she would soon do the same if he didn't stop saying those things. - You can't play with me like that.

-You always knew that I wasn't the right person for you.  -Mavie walked away, walking towards the window.

-Your mistake.-He got closer, even with her back turned she could feel the heat of his body next to hers.  -I actually know that you are the right person for me!  She's a vixen but she's the girl I fell in love with.

A smile grew on the girl's face, who at the same time was crying.  At that moment there was no Kate or Rodrygo, there were no intimate photos and no reputation to be destroyed, there was just Mavie and Alejandro.

She turned her body with all the delicacy in the world, raising her gaze to look at the face she loved so much.

Her fingers traced every detail of him and then she stopped at his cheeks, which seemed even redder thanks to the alcohol circulating in that body.  Mavie smiled broadly, for the first time at him.

Alejandro understood her feelings but he knew his, he knew he loved her and wouldn't give up on her so easily.