19.

Author's point of view

Kate Gray smiled excitedly as the different people there sang happy birthday

Kate Gray smiled excitedly as the different people there sang happy birthday.  The other three in the group just hoped that the plan they had would work.

None of them wished Kate harm, even if she was the meanest being in the world, but what she was doing to Mavie was cruel and they wouldn't stop until the situation was resolved.

-Do you think they're coming?-Alejandro asked Xavi, while he was breathing heavily.

-They should already be here.- Simons replied in the same tone, they were both very worried.

-You know how they are, as soon as I broke the news, they dropped everything to come here.

The three began to watch the front door more closely while the others hugged Kate and wished her a happy birthday.  It didn't take long for the room's door to be opened with some brutality and even with the music loud, most people stopped to pay attention.

Sophia celebrated surreptitiously as she glared at the other two and then waited for the time to pass to carry out the rest of the plan.

-So this is the movie at your friends' house, Kate?-The man had the scariest tone of voice of all, making Kate and even her friends shudder.

Someone who was noticing the situation turned off the music and that was enough for everyone to stop and look, except those who were too drunk to reason.

-We go out to an important work meeting, trusting that you wouldn't do anything wrong and that's what you do?  Fill our house with drinks and who knows what else?  - The woman held her husband's arm, so that he wouldn't create too much confusion.

It was clear that Xavi, Alejandro and Sophia didn't want her to be exposed like that but that was the only plan they had in mind.  The Gray's were extremely conservative and had no idea that their daughter would throw such a party.

Sophia just had to tell the two of them and then there they were, destroying what was supposed to be the best party of the year.

-Will not you say anything?  Excellent!  Talk less and clean more.

-But dad...

-I don't want to hear a word.  -The man shouted, he seemed angrier than he already was while Kate tried to control her tears.  -And all of you, out of my house now!

No one seemed to take the eldest's words seriously, but as soon as he pulled out one of the "Congratulations Kate" banners and popped the "18" balloons, everyone started to leave the place.

Kate heard several comments about it being the biggest monkey of the year and then she felt like digging a hole and burying herself as deep as she could.

Xavi went up the stairs to warn the teenagers who were in their rooms and soon the house, which was so crowded, became absolutely silent.

After a few minutes, the other three were already outside, hoping that the plan had worked completely.  Before they could get into the girl's car, the man wearing a black suit walked up to them.

-I know that friends usually don't betray others but I thank you for that, you did the right thing.

-It was nothing, Mr. Gray, it's the best for her.  - Sophia smiled weakly, trying not to show any kind of mockery.

-Uh and don't worry!  Today I'm going to cut off her complete access to electronic devices and the internet, if it's up to me, my daughter will never expose a girl the way you told me she would.

The three looked at each other and then smiled, point to them.  But they still had another problem, or perhaps the biggest one of them all.

Rodrygo was still there and seemed ready to destroy everything Mavie had, once again.

poor Kate 😥