8.

Author's point of view

Sophia was as confident as Xavi used to be when trying to contact Webster

Sophia was as confident as Xavi used to be when trying to contact Webster. The only difference is that the girl was absolutely sure that she would not be mistreated by her.

Lauren had sat alone with her sister at lunch, not in the cafeteria but at the tables outside the school. At that point, everyone already thought she was a little antisocial.

-Hello!- Sophia smiled. Contrary to what she was prepared to hear, she received a friendly smile in response.

A smile that Alejandro Balde would be jealous of not being able to see in person.

-Hello!- The smaller girl replied, Mavie soon did the same.

-May I sit here?

-Of course.- The brown-eyed woman nodded, girls would always be welcome at her table.

-You're new here, right? Where did they come from?-Sophia introduced the subject, even though she feared that she would end up being ignored.

- Amsterdam.- Lauren replied, she noticed that her sister wasn't in a very good mood that day.

-Uh, really? Our friend Xavi is from there too! -The girl smiled excitedly, the first point in common.

- Now I understand why I didn't like him! The ones in Amsterdam are really jerks.- Mavie shrugged, as she bit into a natural sandwich.

- Oh. - Sophia forced a smile, first ball out. -I didn't like him very much at first either, but he turned out to be a very nice person.

- Impossible.

-Well, I noticed that you have a very strong personality! And I admire that. - The black girl smiled friendly, hoping that Jenner wouldn't take it as some kind of offense. -Are you a feminist? I mean, you're always defending women and...hating men.

- Feminism is not about hating men, I do it because I like it. -Mavie shrugged. But I really am, all women should be! Do not you think?

-I totally agree. - Sophia nodded, receiving a friendly smile again.

-I liked you! Very different from the boys in your group.

-Thanks! Sophia Bailey. -She smiled, extending her hand, which was shaken by the other.

- Mavie Jenner! And my sister, Lauren.

- It's a pleasure to meet you! Well, there are some really cool places here in Barcelona that I would love to show you, what do you think about going out with us one of these days? -As Sophia finished her sentence, Mavie looked at her suspiciously.

-Us?

-Me, Kate, Xavi, Alejandro... - She smiled, she felt like she was about to receive a no and ruin the whole atmosphere.

-The clueless cute guy and the inflated ego! Great companies. — The brown-eyed woman laughed ironically, but there was no rudeness in her tone of voice. -But I would go for you and the other girl.

"You wouldn't go for her if you knew her better."

Sophia almost laughed as she thought about the brown-eyed brunette.

-So that was a yes? -She asked hopefully, it was very difficult to unravel what Mavie was thinking or feeling.

-I don't think I feel comfortable going out on the town so early! But thanks for the invitation.

- And for an afternoon of games and fatty foods? We meet at Xavi's house every day to play and kill some time. - Sophia insisted. Mavie didn't know if she really wanted to be friends with her or was being told by someone.

- At Xavi's house?

-I promise that I will stay by your side the whole time and you can leave whenever you want! - Sophia explained but the one with light brown eyes still didn't seem convinced. -You can take your sister too, I heard that she and Alejandro are friends now.

- They are not friends, they only talked a few times. -Mavie shrugged, she didn't like that closeness between him and her sister. —And that's okay, we will.

- Excellent! -Sophia smiled excitedly, she had achieved what she wanted so much. - You can come with us, after class.

- I prefer to go home first, I just need you to send me the address.

- It is clear! I promise it will be amazing, you won't regret it. Sophia smiled.

However, Mavie had a sixth sense and she knew that she would regret it bitterly later.