16.

Author's point of view

Mavie felt all her ghosts come to the surface as soon as she saw that familiar face

Mavie felt all her ghosts come to the surface as soon as she saw that familiar face.  She didn't understand how he had found her or why she was there.

She thought about running away but her body just stopped.  It was as if she was back at her old school, where people called her all the most horrible things that ever existed.

-Hello.- He smiled and then approached her, running his hand over the girl's delicate face.

Mavie was motionless, she was disgusted by his touch but she couldn't even move a muscle.  Apart from the fact that she was afraid of acting rude and ending up being exposed to everyone again.

-You look nice!  Even with those exaggerated clothes, I liked it much more when you showed your body.  -He smiled in a friendly way, completely fake.- You know you have beautiful breasts.

Mavie felt like she would cry at any moment.  Those hands running down every little part of her face as she said such disgusting things, she just wanted to throw up.

-Will not you say anything?

-What are you doing here?-Was all she could say, as she stared at the boy with some terror.

I received an invitation from a friend and came for her birthday!  Kate Gray is amazing, don't you think?

Mavie didn't respond, she would never agree to that and she felt that Kate was going too far, it was as if her only goal was to destroy her.

-You're going with me to her birthday party!  We'll be like a couple and you know, I don't take no for an answer.

-Rodrygo I can't!  I won't even be in town that day.

She said the first excuse that came to her mind, trying to sound convincing.

-And even?  Uh, okay.  - He shrugged.-  But do you know why I came back?  Because there are things that remain pending between us.

The girl felt a lump form in her throat and some tears simply fell down her face.  Even though they had dated for a few years, Mavie never felt ready to have sex with Rodrygo.

And that's when the fights started.  He didn't respect her time and as soon as Mavie decided to finish, he spread the photos he had taken of her in the locker room.

She was afraid of how far the boy would go just to get what she wanted.

-Did you hear me?  I won't leave this city until you give me what I want.

-Rodrygo, no... -That came out more like a sigh, she didn't understand how her first love could be so cruel.

-Mavie?- That voice with a strong Spanish accent made them both turn around.

The hallway was practically empty and thanks to the boy being extremely tall, he attracted a lot of attention.  For the first time he was wearing glasses that Mavie thought were just for style, she also didn't fail to notice how handsome he was with his deep eyes and flushed cheeks.

-Everything is fine?  Is someone bothering you?- Alejandro looked at the dark-skinned boy, who just raised his eyebrows at him.

-Who is this, Mav?  - Rodrygo asked, as if they were completely intimate.

-He...isn't anyone important.- Mavie replied quickly.

Alejandro felt a pang in his heart when he heard him speak that way but he didn't know that it also hurt her, that she was just protecting him from Kate and Rodrygo.

-You don't need to treat me that way, Mavie.- She realized that Alejandro was very hurt, just by the tone his voice had.

That hurt like hell, she didn't want to make him suffer.

-I'm sorry but my girlfriend isn't interested in talking to you.  - Rodrygo stood in front of him, pushing Mavie with some brutality.

Alejandro looked at the girl waiting for an explanation but she just lowered her head.  He felt then that it was better to go, before his heart ended up even more broken than it already was.

  He felt then that it was better to go, before his heart ended up even more broken than it already was