Chapter 12- The many misunderstandings (UnderVerse)

Paperjam is having a pretty good time in this new place!...its a shame no one else can say the same.

——-

Underverse

"Now remember, Paperjam. I'll be called Origin from now on."

" And I shall be End. Do you think you can remember that, little one? "

Neither adult monster had high hopes the babybones would remember, especially going by the blank gaze they were treated with.

If they were going to travel more, they needed to separate themselves from the local Creator and Destroyer, so new names were the easiest way.

That their choices happened to be simple and somewhat relevant to their roles was purposeful, as they were hoping it might help the babybones remember them more easily....

Paperjam was growing bored by the Creator and Destroyer talking, unsure why they kept insisting on repeating the same thing over and over again.

While he was happy they had aided him get to a new multiverse, he was clueless why they were still here.

Seeing that they were now busy chatting to each other, he took it as his chance to leave, humming as he bit his arm to gather some ink for a portal.

He still had no clue how to create them the 'normal' way but he was sure he could figure it out for himself someday. Jumping into his new portal he giggled, not hearing the shouts of alarm from the two adult monsters nearby.

Time to have more fun!

Paperjam was seeing a lot of cool things and was rather thrilled at being able to explore once again. With no more Fluffy Destroyer around, he was free to explore a larger area and do what he wanted, determined to finally study the weird energy from houses!

"-Code is odd but I suppose that Ink just hadn't told me about this one yet. Such a fascinating new specimen. Much more intriguing than the failure Cross by far. No-"

He had long ago tuned out the purple eyed abomination though, their words only causing more confusion for him, lost on why they kept following but as they only talked, he left them be.

He let out a snort when they tried to summon his SOUL, knowing that was a useless endeavour in the end. He was briefly amused at their look of rage at their clear failure, but soon grew bored of that as well, when they just kept trying again and again , for some bizarre reason.

Abominations could be so hard to understand, guessing this one was just insane..

Currently, he was trying to read the Code of the multiverse but he wasnt having that much success.

He pouted when the numbers seemed to blur into each other, having no clue what they meant. He really needed to ask Destroyer for some more lessons, idly wiping away the magic now leaking from his sockets. It was annoying whenever that happened but he thinks he remembers Creator talking about an 'information overload'..?

Whatever it meant, he didn't like how it felt, so reluctantly stopped trying to read the numbers, looking over in surprise that the latest abomination was still here.

His single eyeshape switched rapidly in his confusion, automatically creating a new portal to leave this dull AU.

He efficiently covered the new wound with his strings while jumping into the ink puddle, really hoping he found something more interesting soon.

At this rate he was thinking he should have stayed with Fluffy Destroyer...

Paperjam was so much happier now!

He also found another potential tree friend, that felt very similar to Fluffy Destroyer but looked much goopier. This Negativity Guardian was intriguing to look at, their numbers fascinating, as was their life story.

Why couldn't his multiverse have been this cool?!

He suddenly eyed the closet tentacle with a very thoughtful expression, as an excellent idea came to mind.

Nightmare felt he was being punished for some major failing in his life.

He was already stuck with psychotic minions but now he somehow found a babybones in his home, clearly far too young to be away from their parents.

If Killer did this as another of their 'jokes' again, he was dusting them with zero hesitation. The 30 cats he already had to deal with was too much, he refused to add a kid to the list as well!

He rubbed his face, feeling a headache come on from his newest guest. He fully blamed his altered mental state, after eating the apples, for how he collected all these monsters, feeling more like he was trying to wrangle feral animals everyday and he wasn'ttalking about the stupid cats!

He bet Dream never had to deal with this crap but he had seen them with the soulless Creator and did not envy them in the slightest.

How his twin could stand being near the husk of a monster was bizarre, which he blamed on their stupid saviour complex. If he had to listen one more time to how they were going to 'save him', he would lose it!

Sure, he may not be the same as before, but that didn't mean he needed help!

He violently flinched at a sudden sharp pain, looking down in bewilderment as he pulled his tentacles closer to himself, realising that the child had bitten the end of one off one of them.

He expected this sort of behaviour more from Horror AU's, which the child clearly did not come from.

Narrowing his gaze at the tiny babybones he felt his SOUL stutter when he sensed their magic, it feeling far too familiar.

..did Ink and Error have a kid?! He should probably flee the multiverse while he could, as even he was wary of dealing with those two.

If Killer caused them to go to war over this, he was throwing them as bait to the insane monsters.

"Your goop doesn't taste nice, goopy abomination.."

The sheer disappointment they directed at him, as if he was personally to blame for this, combined with the nickname only confirmed his fears. It was like looking at a slightly less homicidal Error and he did not like this one bit!

That he could see ink dripping down their arm, made his SOUL freeze in fear.

What, in the nine circles of hell did Killer bring into his home?!

~~~~~

*End and Origin blatantly fussing over Paperjam*

Paperjam: *Clueless* I wonder why they keep following me...? Are they bored?

Everyone else who sees this interaction: That is clearly their kid
-
X-Gaster: *Intrigued and wanting to use them for his plans* Why hello there. Who might you be?

Paperjam: *Ignoring their existence and far more interested in a random flower*
-
*Nightmare finding a random babybones walking in his home*

Nightmare: *Exasperated* What did Killer do now? Weren't the cats enough!

Paperjam: *Tactless and casually insulting*

Nightmare: *Suddenly alarmed and praying to every Deity he knows* Did Killer steal Error and Inks kid?! We are doomed!