Chapter 26- Old wounds and new discoveries 🌱 (PlantVerse)

Brom tries his best to help distract Star, while the parents continue to panic

——

PlantVerse

Star hummed a happy tune as he looked at all the cool plants, giggling when Brom snapped at a few before spitting them out with a growl.

He wasn't sure why Creator and Destroyer had taken him here but he wasn't complaining, the numbers weirdly soothing to look at his constant headache was almost gone at this point and he deeply approved.

His eyes widened with interest at a very colourful flower by his feet, crouching down and tapping it, amused at the pretty sound that came out of it. It made a funny little tune, looking at the flower beside it and wondering if they all would make sounds or if they would do something different.

The noise from the colourful flower almost sounded like his bracelet, jingling it at the same time as he tapped the flower, giggling at the odd harmony it made. He was about to touch the fifth flower when a fluffy tail blocked his view, losing his balance and ending up flat on the ground.

HĬ̵͇̎ṣ̵̼̙͋͐̊S̸̱̭͆̏

"It's fine. I stopped bleeding a while ago"

He said distractedly as he pushed the tail out the way, not wanting to move away from his new discovery. A few minutes later he ended up with a slobbery lick to the face and a whine when Brom they sniffed his arm.

When their loud noise continued, he rolled up his sleeve where they kept nudging his arm and reluctantly showed the wound to them, his self inflected bite having long since healed.

"You don't need to worry. I heal fast and its never that serious anyway-"

SnA̴̱̓ṟ̷͇̈́͗ͅl̶̦͌

"I didnt mean to. It was just habit.."

He pouted when they latched onto the back of his jumper and pulled him away from the cool plant, sighing when they curled around him and began to purr.

"That's cheating.."

He mumbled sleepily, feeling his eyes close as he laid his head on their fur. He hadnt meant to form a portal but with the weird unpleasant feeling in his chest after the weird talk, he just wanted to get away and stop the wet thing falling from his face.

He yawned and soon fell asleep, despite his best attempts, feeling nice and warm in Broms fur and completely relaxed by their purring.

  He dreamed of broken stars and lost homes but didn't make a sound the entire night, only the tears a sign of his state.

Brom silently kept watch over the next few hours, it practically child play to edit the AU in order to hide them from sight, mainly from End, Origin and any other annoyances.

His corrupted nature helped expedite the process, barely exerting his magic while the babybones peacefully slept on. He entertained himself by sending the two adult monsters on a goose chase, not bothering to do the same with Paperjam as he knew they weren't quite at the level to even be able to find them on their own.

He might like Star and chose them as his but that didn't translate to other monsters, rather ambivalent and undecided about Paperjam, due to how close he could clearly see the two were but the two adults were still not to be trusted.

He had no clue how Star had met these two and while what he had seen so far had been decent, he knew how quickly that could change Ink LeFt hiM and Destroyers were generally bad news, so was keeping his distance for now.

He was also suspicious why they hadn't tried to separate him from Star yet, unlike those ' Shattered Stars' had repeatedly tried, keeping his guard up in case it was part of their plans.

He whined when he noticed Star crying in their sleep, wishing he could take away the issue, nuzzling his snout to the babybones chest.

He never thought much on SOULS but knew at least they were important but had never heard of a broken one before.

Of course Destroyers has a mere shell of one, that was annoyingly sturdy he had tried many times with his old partner to crush Errors but the major difference was that Error was a glitch and Star wasn't!...at least not fully. Their Code was hard to read and even with the bond between them, he wasn't sure if they were even healthy.

Being trapped in the Doodle Sphere for centuries had made him forget so much, feeling a renewed burst of hatred for Ink. He shook off the thoughts and huffed, laying his head on the ground as he planned.

He might not be able to fix the past but perhaps he still had options, eyeing a sprout nearby with a thoughtful gaze, before scanning through the Code and gaining a feral edge to his smile.

Now there was an idea and it might just work to lift Stars' mood.

——

"Where are we going, Brom? Why such a rush?"

Star giggled into Broms back as they sprinted, the world passing them by in a flash, screeching in joy when they jumped through a portal that Brom somehow made without him noticing.

He needed them to teach him how to do that, his chest buzzing like crazy as they made sharp turns and dived into portals with seemingly no pattern.

He was only told that they were going 'somewhere fun' but knew he wouldn't mind never reaching the mystery destination, having a great time just holding onto Brom.

He was still giggling when Brom nudged his side, not realising they had stopped but lighting up when he saw what was in front of them.

"It's the weird tree!..this one feels even weirder though. It got the round things-"

SnA̴̱̓ṟ̷͇̈́͗ͅl̶̦͌

"'Apples'..thank you! It has lots of apples on it!..the numbers on them look weird though. Do you think they are-"

"Um, excuse me but who are you?"

Dream had only been gone for a few minutes to gather a few herbs and catch dinner, not expecting to find something near mother. It looked similar in shape to him but it was not organic or plant..at least he didn't think it was. His brother was much better at distinguishing creatures than him, while he much preferred to stay near mother.

"..Brom. Is that what i think it is?"

He jumped as something scoffed and an odd scraping sound filled the air, like rocks smashed together or claws striking bone, shivering when a wolf he was unsure how else to classify it as stalked forward and bared its teeth, knowledgeable enough to understand the silent threat.

Perhaps this was its young and he had accidentally offended them..?

"I knew Guardians were all plants! Fluffy Destroyer had it wrong all along. Oh! Their numbers are absolutely fascinating! "

..why did he have a sudden feeling of foreboding come over him?

When the smaller creatures smiled brightly at him it only grew worse, the vines and leaves on his back shifting and deeply wishing his brother was here.

...wait, were they crying while smiling at him ?! What was going on?!

~~~~~~

Star: *Poking ever new plant in sight* I need to touch it all! 🌹🌸🌻🥀🪻

Brom: *Mother henning the babybones and tricking them into a nap*

-

End and Origin: *Panicking* Why is it so hard to find, Star?!

Brom: *Having a great time changing the Code, just to mess with them*

-

Brom: *Reading the Code and finding something that might entertain Star*

Dream 'the chosen entertainment': *Having a sudden uneasy feeling*..why do i feel today is going to be strange?