Chapter 27- Playing with plants and more confusion.. (PlantVerse)

Dream tries (and fails) to deal with the two odd creatures and Nightmare despairs at what he comes back to

——-

PlantVerse

Dream felt things only got more confusing as time went on, not understanding what the tiny creature was talking about most of the time.

In the end had decided it would be easier treating the two odd creatures like odd animals, just the wolves he observed in his woods and so far it had been working great, especially with the larger wolf creature.

He had calmed down when he realised neither had been interested in mother or her apples unsure whether to be offended or not at the look of disgust when he asked if they wanted to eat them but that still left him clueless on what exactly they were doing here.

He had offered berries and some water when it got dark but grew quite alarmed when the one called 'Star' took out a plate of all things and began eating it. He knew he wasn't as knowledgeable as his brother about the world but he still didn't think that was normal.

Grȑ̵͙̺̤͐R̴̨̹͈̈́͐̕r̷̡̚

...He didn't say anything of course, the look from the larger creature was more than enough warning, for now just watching what the two did.

The vines on his back were still, as were the leaves on his shoulder and he made sure to keep all his unusual features under his cloak as best as he could. He didn't want to be prodded like the poor plants in the surrounding area, wincing as another flower suddenly combusted when Star poked it.

He discovered that the tiny creature was very curious but rather odd tending to stick random things in their mouth, such as rocks for some odd reason. 

Brom yawned as he lay by the Tree of Feelings while watching Star explore, swatting his tail when a rabbit got too close, just knowing Star might try and grab the small animal otherwise.

His new partner still had plenty to learn and was quite powerful in their own right but that did lead to many potential issues.

His ear twitched when he felt Star get close to touching the Code of the AU again , settling back down when they quickly left it alone and glad he didn't need to intervene this time.

He wasn't sure why no one had taught the babybones not to randomly poke Code, as Star had been willing to listen to him without any issues even if they forgot what they were told every so often. 

It was a work in progress at least!

He huffed when a bird landed on him, gently nudging it with his snout to get it to move away from his 'fur' when they pecked at it, as he doubted his ink would be good for it. He had no interest in eating the wildlife here, not really needing to eat in the first place but he did enjoy the taste of certain magic, still planning to eat a Creator at some point just for the fun of it.

Star was having a great time, having discovered so many new types of plants but the absolute best thing was that the numbers didn't hurt to look at for once!

They felt almost soft to look at, staring in fascination at how uniformed everything was and how easy it was to understand.

He carefully plucked a small blue flower from the ground before skipping back to Brom and settling in their fur, showing it off but also waiting for them to explain what he could see from it.

They were great for explaining numbers that he didn't quite understand, laying on them as they began to slowly go through what each line meant. Broms' lessons were much easier to understand then the ones Destroyer and Creator gave but he supposed he shouldn't get used to the odd Creator/Destroyer pair as he never knew when the two would leave for good.

They had stuck around for a weirdly long time but he had Brom now for help, who had promised to teach him to travel between multiverse and to never leave so he didn't have to rely on anyone for transport.

..he wasnt sure what his new 'brother' was going to do though, doubting they would want to join him Star knew he was broken, his mind fractured after being aLoNe but at least he had Brom now.

He pouted when he felt his face get wet again, confused why this kept happening so often lately. He knew it was pointless to try and wipe it away as it would just come back straight after, instead just laying on Brom and listening to them instead, perking up when they mentioned practising his Creation skills.

——-

"...Dream. What did you do?"

"Thats a bit rude, Nightmare! I swear it wasnt my fault this time, it just happened!"

"That what you said about the bee incident and tried to convince me you just 'magically' obtained all that honey"

"We do have magic, so it wasnt technically a lie-"

"It was smeared all over your clothes and i could easily see the trail of honey lead off into the forest!"

"I wanted to try it! The bears seemed to like it"

"Of course they do! That doesn't mean you had to try it too. We arent a mammal that needs high energy foods for metabolism!"

"..you are saying many weird words and i'm half convinced you are just making it up at this point"

Nightmares eye twitched in irritation, sadly knowing by know that Dream was being deadly serious and despairing how his twin just didnt seem to understand certain topics. He turned away from them, before he had the urge to commit unspeakable violence and stared at the mess of their home.

He observed how the plants were either missing or somehow even bigger then he remembered, one even looking rainbow coloured that he decided to stay far away from a tad worried it was poisonous . 

"Brom! There is a second plant abomination and its even prettier than the first! This is the best day ever!"

He froze before his eyes narrowed on the voice, having a vague feeling of Deja vu hasn't he seen a bigger one of them earlier when he was out...? 

"See! I told you, brother. It wasnt my fault this to- wait . Was I just called ugly?!"

...he wished Dream had better priorities, sighing at the new mess he was going to have to deal with, slumping when he also noticed a mysterious black substance everywhere and a growling 'wolf' nearby.

He should have known better than to leave Dream alone for long...

~~~~

Dream: *Offering berries and water* You two must be famished-

Star: *Pulling out plates and eating them* Im good thanks!

Brom: *Glaring at Dream and daring them to say anything*

Dream: *Far out of his comfort zone and wishing Nightmare was here* T-Thats g-good

-

Nightmare: *Having come back from his trip* Hey Dream i finally got-

*Spotting the clearing littered with ditches, poisonous looking plants and two unknown creatures*

Dream: *Clearly frazzled and latching onto Nightmare in desperation* Oh thank god you are home, i cant get them to leave and i don't know what to do!

Nightmare: *Stress rising as he sees the 'wolf' growl and sensing its consideration on eating him*..i was gone for two days!