Chapter 4- 'New' doesn't always mean good (New Multiverse)

Paperjam somehow ends up somewhere new...he still isn't sure what to think about this

—-

Birth Multiverse

Paperjam continued his pattern of exploring, loving the new places he visited and learning so many things.

~~

The babybones never knew of the confusion or alarm they caused, as their unconventional method of transport left visible marks that sent the multiverse in a flurry, wondering just who this new monster could be. The babybones may have been having fun but their health was slowly deteriorating, no longer in a magic rich environment to passively feed from.

It wouldn't have been long before they were found, if it wasn't for luck striking once again, giving them the little push to a new life.

~~

Birth Multiverse

"I am getting so good at this"

Paperjam stared at his newest portal on the ground, proud at how even it looked. He still had no clue how to choose a location but at least he managed to adjust how much magic he put in it. He no longer felt tired when he formed them now but was rather annoyed just how slow his healing was becoming lately.

He had observed other monsters and he was sure they healed quicker than him..but he did look different and had never managed to follow the black bones skeleton monster to their home, to see how they healed.

...Maybe he was just a slow healer?

He shrugged the thought off and jumped into his portal, growing alarmed when he suddenly noticed that there was a golden sheen to it, it being far too late to avoid it.

New Multiverse

He shuddered as a cold feeling enveloped him, yelping as he was thrown hard into the ground.

He curled up, hoping to prevent any new breaks, wheezing when his momentum abruptly stopped. Taking a moment to breath he carefully pushed himself up, letting out a hiss when his right arm ached. He gingerly touched it, not finding a break but did feel a slight crack running along it.

"-is that?!"

"Are they alive?"

"Is that a child?!"

Paperjam cradled his head and winced at how loud it was, cursing at how low his magic was. He guessed he was stuck here and pushed himself up, grimacing at the multitude of monsters in the room.

He was not impressed how loud everyone was and looking closely, noticed that the majority had looks of horror and concern on their face. He looked behind him but didn't see anyone there, baffled at who the source of the looks were for.

Weird, maybe they just don't want people to know about this place? He could understand that, liking privacy as much as the next monster. He automatically batted away the magic he felt coming near him, really hoping he wasn't going to have to defend himself.

He briefly scowled as he noticed the numbers in his vision shift, puzzled what they meant. When he turned towards a high concentration of magic he froze at seeing his 'parents' sitting amicably next to each other, making him look through the numbers for any help.

Just what was happening?!

~~

What the babybones did not take into account, was that they had just appeared in a portal similar to the Creator into a Council meeting, filthy and covered in makeshift bandages, looking like an abandoned child. The distrustful looks he was sending the crowd did not help, nor the way their right eyeshape shuffled between shapes at an alarming pace, with many who dealt with Creator knowing that was never a good sign.