Chapter 32- Make a wish upon a shooting star..? 💫(ForcedGods Multiverse)

Ink and Error have been forced to endure a lot in their multiverse but perhaps a surprise visitor will change it all

——-

ForcedGods Multiverse

AntiVoid

"I'm so tired of this. It felt like this loop went on for longer than the other ones.."

" I know but you know there isn't much we can do about it, Ink. We just have to endure, until we hopefully get to rest..or stay dead for once "

"...Do you really think we will be stuck in this endless cycle forever, Error? Where is your hope? You surely can't just be waiting for death!"

" It's been three millennia so far and that's only what I can recall. Why would I hold onto such a useless thing as hope, when there are far more practical things to think about ? Clearly we are cursed to be in this miserable existence until she is bored and I doubt that will be anytime soon "

Ink frowned at the pessimistic response but could hardly dispute the claim, considering none of it was technically false.

Looking away from Error, who was staring despondently at the last specks of life in the multiverse, he stared out into the AntiVoid as well, long since having gotten used to the unsettling white.

That is what happened when you were forced to face your fear for 'entertainment' for a solid century, unsure how he came out of the experience sane.

"..how do you think this new RESET will start?"

He knew arguing with Error would be pointless so tried to switch topics, despite having this exact same conversation before every RESET. He quietly watched as Error crushed the last corrupted AU, no longer reacting to the blatant Destruction and rather numb to the whole situation.

" Probably the usual. Have the 'Good' vs 'Bad' with likely a final showdown between the two of us. Who knows, you might even push me into the Void this loop. We haven't been forced to reenact that 'showdown' in a while "

"Im betting ten gold that you end up winning and throwing me into the Void as well as the rest of the Star Sans"

" As if. You know that you are the 'favourite' and she loves it when the good side wins "

"You never know. Maybe I will be the bad one this time. Oo! Wouldn't it be fun if it was a repeat of the time i was 'oblivious' to the Balance and you had to team up with my friends to stop me?!"

Error snorted, thinking Ink was getting far into imagining possibilities but was secretly enjoying their chatter, as it was a nice distraction from what would be happening soon.

He could no longer remember how this hell even started, unsure what he and Ink had done to attract a Deity's attention but deeply wished for freedom.

Whatever they had done, he deeply regretted it, his SOUL crying for relief despite how futile it was in the end.

The worst thing was that whenever FATE was bored they tended to 'RESET' the whole multiverse, all relationships starting from ground zero and being forced to deal with a fresh slate.

He was just thankful he had the small mercy that Ink remembered everything as well, having long gotten over his dislike of them and now seeing them more like family and was probably the only thing keeping him sane. 

He had long since given up on trying to get close to other monsters, seeing it as pointless in the long run and only detrimental to his questionable mental health. He even began seeing everyone apart from Ink as NPC's, everyone seeming to have set responses and having learned long ago how to coax certain reactions without much thought.