Chapter 6- Small but mighty (New Multiverse)

Ink wants to test Paperjams magical control and brings in another monster for help...that might have been a mistake.

——

New Multiverse

Edge did his best to ignore the eyes he felt watching him, despite the strong urge to throw magical bones towards the unknown monster. His AU was not friendly and he usually would have reacted to the potential threat by now but he had to constantly remind himself he wasn't in his home.

He also knew that Ink would not appreciate him reacting violently, shivering at the many 'talks' he had had in the past, concerning the subject. He twitched as the unknown monster continued following him and tried to calmly continue walking to the meeting place he had with Ink.

He had been asked to come here to evaluate a new monster, in order to test how much control they had over their magic. While flattered that he had been personally asked, he was still wondering why neither Error or Ink could do it, as they were the usual monsters to do so. They had been the ones to test him, to see if he would be granted permission to leave his AU with no restrictions.

His restraint and high level of control with his magic, meant he was one of the few from his AU to be allowed to explore other AU's. He could understand why they did this, as you didnt want a crazed maniac in the more peaceful AU's, which still baffled him to this day that such things even existed.

How Ink thought of all this stuff was impressive..but also rather terrifying. He soon spotted the Creator, nodding in greeting when they turned towards him.

"Edge! Perfect timing"

"Of course. Where is the monster I shall be evaluating, Ink?" Edge prided himself on keeping strict schedules and self control but still yelped when a short monster suddenly appeared in front of them.

"Paperjam! I thought I told you to make more noise when around other monsters. You could get hurt if their magic decides to treat you as a threat." Ink scolded, although it also sounded rather tired to Edges hearing.

"..but I did make noise? Also the spikey abomination knew I was following him, so I don't see the issue."

Edge watched the back and forth between the two monsters, realising it had been a child who had been following him. He was impressed but also wary of what other skills they may have. Even in his AU children did not have the skills nor patience, to follow him so easily.

He coughed to catch their attention, stiffening up when those mismatched eyes focused on him.

"..huh, how strange. Your LOVE is lower than I expected. Is it due to-no, this one has a brother they like. Wow, they even managed to get the title, despite the king trying to kill them...oo? You tried to take over? How fascinating . They also-"

Edge felt a cold sweat start up as the babybones started muttering facts about his life as if they were obvious, secrets casually spoken out loud that he had never told anyone about. When he looked at their face he instantly regretted it, feeling as if they were seeing straight through him.

He roughly pushed away those useless thoughts, straightening up and was pleased when this caught the babybones attention. He could see why he was chosen, as he wasnt soft like the rest of them. He could deal with a nosey babybones.

He practically raised his brother, he would be fine!

Edge had insisted they go to a more open area to test Paperjam, mentally sighing at how worried Ink was. He wasn't sure why they were putting up so much of a fuss, when they were the one who called him .