Chapter 17- A new type of game! (Shattered S̸t̶a̸R̴s̷ Multiverse)

Star meets new abominations and the babybones odd knowledge, causes questions to arise

———-

Shattered S̸t̶a̸R̴s̷ Multiverse

"..what is that?"

"It's a child, Ink. I know you've seen one before"

Shattered said boredly, waving a tentacle side to side as he found out it was an excellent distraction for the small babybones. He didn't bother to look up from his book when he heard Ink move around, instead calmly turning a page.

He did briefly look up when Blue came into the room though, mouth twitching in amusement at their double take, sorely wishing for a camera right now. He hadn't seen Blue look that lost in years , sometimes missing how easy it used to be to fluster the 'naive' monster.

"..WHY?"

"You will have to be more specific. You know i can't read your mind"

He said dryly, finally seeing why his twin enjoyed messing with people so much. He quickly pulled back a tentacle before it could get bitten by the kid, only needing to make that mistake once to know never to repeat it.

"What is a child doing here?"

Shattered sometimes missed when Ink was more expressive, the dull monotone and bland reactions not as entertaining.

"....I'm messing with my brother"

He finally admitted when the awkward silence persisted, giving a reassuring look to Ink. He had long ago promised Ink he wouldn't compromise their space and he had always made sure to take precautions, knowing how protective they could be of the Doodle Sphere, despite not having any emotions.

His hand lashed out and quickly grabbed the back of the kids shirt, gently pulling them away from his book collection.

"Don't eat that, Star. Have this instead"

He handed over a sweet, sighing when they ate the whole thing, wrapper included. It had been hilarious when he saw them eat a random Sans phone but now he realised just how many things he needed to keep out of their reach.

"WHAT?!"

"I was bored and you know how 'evil' my brother thinks I am. So I decided to play into it~"

He smirked, rather enjoying messing with his brothers group, while also destroying a few corrupted AU's in the process.

Not that he admitted the truth of what they were doing to anyone, feeling that would ruin the fun in the end.

The only one in the multiverse who would have realised the truth would be Error but no one had seen the Destroyer since Inks paints ceased working, so they could continue to play the 'game' as much as they wanted.

Sure they might have to dodge occasional attacks and listen to long winded speeches on 'seeing the light' but it was much more fun, more freeing .

Shattered enjoyed not having to cater to people anymore, feeling that eating the corrupted apple had definitely been one of the best things he had ever done in his life.

"Why are your numbers so odd, Protector?"

Star looked up at the Protector in curiosity, never having seen this sort of title before. Their numbers didn't mention any SOUL and he could clearly see paint vials on their chest, just like Creator had.

His eyeshape flickered when he looked over the last abomination, the boring corrupted abomination not truly holding his interest, looking back at goopy Positivity for any answers.

He frowned when no one replied, not noticing the intense gazes of the three adult monsters, his focus suddenly diverted by the numbers in his vision suddenly flashing.

He abruptly sat on the floor, doing his best to read through the flashing numbers, giggling in glee at what he found. He was still determined to find the source of such intriguing numbers, glad goopy Positivity had taken him closer to it.

They were so nice!

"..huh, they are more interesting than I thought. Ink? Do you mind looking over them?"

Shattered would need to keep a closer eye on the kid it seemed, as they knew some rather important information. Sure, not everyone would take a child's word but he would rather be safe than sorry, not many knowing that Ink was never a Creator, no matter what rumours circulated around.

Star shivered when an odd sensation came over him, turning towards the source and throwing ink on the ground by Protectors feet, pleased the sensation stopped when they fell in his portal.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?"

He looked over at corrupted abomination, pulling out a plate from his Inventory to chew on. His eyelight brightened as it filled up his magic, giggling when they flinched whenever he bit into his snack.

"Time out for being mean! Don't worry, I made sure it wasn't the white. I know Protector doesn't like the white."

Creator said he should try to be more considerate and establish boundaries, he thought he was doing a great job at both so far!

Although, he was confused what a certain word meant when he looked over the numbers of corrupted abomination, even if something in his mind sparked at the new word.

"Corrupted abomination. What is a 'yandere'?"

Shattered burst into laughter, Blues whole expression priceless and to top it off, the kid wasn't even being malicious! Children could be so entertaining with their bluntness, very glad he had brought them back to the Doodle Sphere.

His laughter only grew when Ink soon turned up, covered in seaweed and absolutely drenched .

Star was an absolute riot and he could see them making the 'game' even more fun.

~~~~~~

*Shattered spotting a clearly lost child*

Shattered: *Looking thoughtful* I could be a Good Samaritan...or i could have some fun and mess with my brother. Decisions, decisions...

Star: *Eating anything he can grab his hands on and being a general menace*

Shattered: *Imagining all the chaos he can cause with them* Im taking them with me!
-
Blue: *Glaring at Shattered suspiciously*..what do you have there, Shattered?

*Star tying to devour the furniture and peppering questions at Shattered*

Shattered: *Grinning mischievously and acting oblivious to mess with them* A book
-
*Star casually mentioning secrets about Ink that he shouldn't know*

Ink: *Clueless* Do children usually act like this?

Shattered: *Not 100% sure* I dont think they do..

Blue: *Exasperated with his clueless friends* They do not!