wallowing births friendship.

it had been almost two weeks since hazel broke it off with their now ex mani. with another failed relationship under their belt they had begin to question if there was something wrong with them. realistically, hazel knew that this one wasn't on them. that didn't mean losing him didn't hurt, even if hazel was the one to break things off.

what hazel didn't expect was for their break up leading them in xiomara's bed. "i've been through this before with him, i know it seems like this hurt will last but it won't. what you need is to get out." xiomara advised and hazel laughed to themselves thinking about their current situation.

there was no way they were taking advice from the same person they were jealous of just a couple of weeks ago, mani's ex. there was no way they were becoming genuine friends. everything just seemed so upside down but hazel couldn't change it, being without him was for the best.

hazel sat up and looked at themselves in the mirror, they were on her bed, face puffy and red from crying and their hair was everywhere. this wasn't what they wanted to look like nor was it how they wanted to feel. "you're taking me to dinner" hazel stated and xiomara scoffed playfully "if i'm taking you to dinner, it's gonna be a date" xiomara said as she plopped down on the bed next to hazel.

"you're so gay" the curly haired brunette stated "i know but you love it" xiomara replied before making kissy faces at them. "now get up, get cleaned up. i know exactly where we're going you can borrow anything you want" xiomara ordered clapping as she did so causing hazel to swiftly get up and make their way to the bathroom to wash up and get ready.

after what seemed like forever, but was only an hour. hazel was finally ready to go out. it had been a little over a week since they had gone anywhere and they felt good, excited even as the two headed inside the well lit resturaunt. it was a cute place, noisy and busy and seemingly gormét, just what hazel needed to take the blues away.

hazelwood has added to their story!

seen by sabrinacarpenter, maniman, lolatung and more

"i'm saying this from experience, mani isn't the end all be all of men or love." xiomara said as she scrapped the remaining food off her plate with a fork. "i know it's just, you know how everyone talks about me."

when mani and hazel got together, the public didn't buy it. hazel had a total of four relationships within the past year none lasting longer than three months. hazel had a knack for choosing guys who were worst than the last but they thought mani was different or maybe they were blind, they weren't too sure anymore.

"fuck them, seriously fuck them. no one knows your truth better than you do." xiomara stated and hazel smiled.

out of everything that happened between mani and hazel, she was happy she gained a friend. the fact that xiomara understood exactly what they were going through, she once had loved him too.

"i don't know what i'd do without you" hazel confessed reaching their hand over the table to hold hers. xiomara intertwined their fingers and smiled "you'll never have to"

— AUTHORS NOTE
i'm back ! and i'm finishing this
story. i have a lot of inspiration and
this story means a lot to me. i hope
people enjoy it.