behind closed doors

the public had caught eye of all the changes in hazel's life. the people they use to surround themselves with dropping from their world like flies. imani was gone, now xiomara.

despite the feeling that the whole world was judging them. despite knowing how their truth was being spun making them seem like some heartless betrayer. hazel was happy. there they sat, on the floor in between his legs as he played fortnite with hayden who had been sitting right next to him.

"oou he's carrying you" lana teased hayden and dominic just laughed. hayden and lana had been a brewing thing going on. hazel found that ironic considering hayden was dominic's best friend and lana was one of their best friends. it almost seemed too perfect.

hazel stood up chuckling to themselves as they headed towards lana who was sitting at the kitchen table. "your boyfriend sucks" hazel said as they sat in the seat next to the brown eyed girl. lana playfully rolled their eyes "he won the last round" she said in hayden's defense but hazel was right. "because dom let him" hazel said matter-of-factly and the two laughed.

"if it's so easy to win, you do it" hayden said, apparently they weren't whispering like they thought. "shut it!" hazel responded causing dominic to audibly laugh. hazel turned their attention back to lana and the two discussed their own bonds with the duo.

"he's gonna make it official with you" lana insisted but hazel just shook the suggestion off. it's not like they didn't want to be with him. hazel had completely written off the idea of falling in love once imani did the unspeakable.

it didn't last long though, dominic had instantly won them over. whether they were willing to admit it or not, hazel always felt something towards him. it's what scared them about him. that and knowing how he felt about relationships. he wasn't ready, hazel knew this.

being close to him provided the intimacy they desired from him but the way he showed he cared made them feel safe without the security of a title. they knew his heart. "we don't really need all that we're fine how we are." they replied before taking a drink. "not the point, you know i'm right" lana continued, hazel didn't offer a rebuttal this time either.

"you should focus on your malewife, hayden practically drools over your every move. it's disgusting" hazel brought up and lana blushed. hazel was happy that one of their best friends finally found someone who seemed to be a genuinely nice guy. especially after everything that happened with her ex.

"you wanna accuse me of being down bad and you're over here red in the face behind hayden menzies of all people" hazel teased before heading back to the boys.

they sat in dominics lap, taking the controller and tried to get better at the game. listening as dom told them what to do. they completely forgot about the world when they were with him. this was their safe space, their friends and the man they loved. it was all they ever wanted.

hazelwood has posted

...

...

hazelwood "make friends" they said "it'll be fun" they said @lanapark @h4yden @dominicfike

view comments

user OH MY GOD

h4yden tell your boyfriend to eat my dust
hazelwood sore loser lmaoo

user did he just call dom their boyfriend

user this is so cute

dominicfike you're sooo obsessed with me

lanapark core 4 🩵
hazelwood 4ever <33