the rain.

hazel woke up on the floor, their face and eyes were swollen and they felt dead. after last nights confession that turned into what felt like an interrogation, dominic had broken up with hazel.

he didn't trust them and for the life of hazel they just didn't understand. they had no desire to do anything, they had barley slept. an emptiness in their heart expanded and every ounce of joy they had disappeared as he walked out their door.

they felt so erratic that they knew that they couldn't be alone. they called lana and their sister alicia to help them and the two did so but hazel had no motivation to do anything.

"you can't lie there forever" alicia said as she squatted down to hazels level and moved a piece of hair out of hazels face. "it's 5pm and you haven't moved at all. get up" lana said and hazel shook their head no "i don't want to" they muttered as they held onto themselves and lana scoffed

"well i don't care, get up" she said as she pulled hazel by the ankle and hazel groaned loudly in protest. "lana, this isn't gonna help them. like at all" alicia said and lana scoffed "and this is ? they're sulking. this isn't gonna fix anything." she responded to the girl before speaking to hazel

"hazel baby, i'm so sorry. i really am. but rotting away like this isn't gonna help. you're better than this. i know you love him, but don't ever let a man make you feel like this. this isn't okay." lana told them and hazel listened sitting up. hazel knew she was just trying to help

"i just don't know how to do anything. i feel so lost. i told him the truth, i thought i did the right thing" hazel began to speak and tears began to fill their eyes and they sniffled. "you did do the right thing. you just have to roll with the punches babe" alicia said and lana nodded in agreement.

hazel toon a deep breath before standing up. no matter how hard they tried though they couldn't stop the tears from falling. they were so distraught and heartbroken they didn't know what to do with themselves. was this the cost of falling in love ?

the two girls wrapped their arms around hazel in a tight hug as hazel sobbed. hazel had their fair share of breakups. guys typically left them, they never ever felt truly loved. so to be abandoned by the man they thought loved them most, it was worse than anything they could've ever experienced before.

in that moment, hazel wanted nothing more than to disappear.