heartbeats & childrens art

it was hazel's first day off since they started their new project and they woke up feeling groggy. they couldn't even process the billion text coming from xiomara and dominic. xiomara seemed to be as eager as ever, which put a smile on hazels face.

the curly haired individual got out of bed and turned on some music as they got ready. after they dolled themselves up, it didn't take xiomara and dominic long to make it over. the two waltzing in hazel's condo laughing to one another as they came in.

the first thing xiomara did when she settled in was wrapped her arms tightly around hazel smothering them in a bear hug, just like she always did. hazel was quick to embrace the girl, rocking her back and forth as they did so.

when the two separated hazel turned to see a curly haired only a few feet away from them. "am i interrupting something" he questioned jokingly and xiomara giggled as hazel nodded saying  "yes" as they looked up at the man.

typically hazel was the tallest person in the room standing at a whopping 5'10 but the gap between the two proved that he was 6'1 at the very least. hazel extended their arms out motioning to the man that he could get a hug from them as well.

when they did, hazel felt their heart thump against their chest. it freaked them out. they pulled away slightly and awkward smile on their lips as they turned on their heels and skipped to their kitchen waiting for the two to follow.

"i wanna finger paint and since you wanna drag random boys off the street into my home, you're both going to. sit down." hazel playfully demanded before turning to grab their art supplies from under their kitchen sink.

"i thought you both added me to throuple because you were secretly madly in love with me but in reality yall just wanna do arts and crafts" dominic said as he sat down at the table watching as hazel slowly gathered containers of different art supplies.

"i was never in love with you" hazel said as they stood up "whats wrong with arts and crafts" xiomara said at the same time and dominic laughed "i like them" he said referring to hazel as he turned to xiomara causing the girl to smile as they looked at hazel who rolled their eyes at the exchange.

"i don't like you" they shot back as they sat down at the table, they didn't mean it. he didn't seem that bad but being a pain in his ass seemed to be a fun route to take. "you say that now" he replied.

hazel laughed as they began painting grabbing a canvas for themselves and pondered on what to do. the three spent hours laughing together and creating a mess.

the three seemed to be creating a friend group dynamic already. dominic and hazel being the cat and mouse always playfully bickering. while xiomara was the glue, mediating, instigating and holding everything together. hazel felt happy, like truly happy. something as mundane as painting with friends, felt like all they had ever wanted.

hazelwood has added to their story.

seen by dominicfike, maniman, cocojones, and others

dominicfike has added to their story.

seen by maniman, hazelwood, xiomama, contradash and others

xiomama has posted

xiomama took this on our boytoys cellphone #femmeboss 😘 @hazelwood @dominicfike

view comments

user why i kinda ship them
user no seriously i love them together

dominicfike yall see them objectifying me ?!? i am not a toy i'm a MAN
xiomama you're what we say you are

user yall so cute

user my babies

user oh ?!?

jabaribanks replacing me with dommy is crazy work, i see how it is ...
hazelwood this is all mara's fault remember that BOOKIE LOOK AT ME

user hes sooo gonna diana/hunter their friendship #watch
user BE NORMAL CHALLENGE #failed

it didn't matter to hazel that dominic was unintentionally hilarious. nor did it matter that he liked wes craven movies as much as they did. it didn't matter that he was cheeky and charismatic.

what mattered was that xiomara had her head resting on his shoulder, or that she looked up at him when he spoke. it mattered that he was here in their home because she had brought him here and that hazel was focusing on evolving, becoming newer, becoming better.

they couldn't afford to grow to fond of the curly haired man, so they weren't going to.