things i wish you said to me.

hazel was different now, it was something that they had noticed but was afraid to admit. they felt like a shadow of their former self, everything that made them special disappeared.

who were they now ? it was a hard pill to swallow, realizing that every piece of their individuality left them the moment they decided to let him in. now that he was no longer their's, in the literal sense. they were lost.

dominic rattled his brain countless times, trying to figure out what he needed to do and who he needed to be in order to make things better and not just for him, for hazel too.

it wasn't very logical, he understood that hazel was suffering. he witnessed it with his own eyes how hazel tried to play the part around him. tried to act cool and calm, never complained until it became too much for them.

how hazels eyes filled with tears occasionally when they were together. he heard from people they both knew about how hazel's broken heart hadn't healed. it was such a shame, he was too afraid to be what they needed.

despite the fights, the on again / off again dynamic, the unspoken understanding that although they were no longer together but wouldn't be with anyone else, that the two loved each other. despite it all, hazel loved him.

hazel pondered over this fact and the gravity of the situation as they sat with another guy, nathaniel 'nate' bennett. he was their brand new costar and their best friend, the two rekindled their friendship a few months ago.

he was sweet, he was kind, he was calm, he was quiet and there were moments when hazel thought to themselves 'i should've fought for you' you see, nate stood idly by as imani destroyed hazel, as he leeched off of them like a parasite, manipulated them, mentally and emotionally ripped them apart.

he begged them to leave and they didn't, not until the damage to their own heart had already been done. he didn't wanna repeat history and he always had a knack for seeing what hazel couldn't, so he took a step back. next thing hazel knew, he was out of their life.

it left them distraught for a while, he was the only person she truly felt safe with and he was gone. hazel always hoped he'd be in their life again, and now here the two were. hanging out at a house party they got invented to and reminiscing about old times. back before people like imani and dom existed, when it was just the two of them.

"you've gotten much better at using bongs, you haven't thrown up once tonight.'i'm so proud of you" nate cheered them on as they took another bong rip, inhaling and exhaling the smoke.

when they were done hazel rolled their eyes and laughed handing him the bong which he took. the two were both a comfortable amount of high and it dawned on nate that he never told them the truth.

"did i ever tell you why i left, i don't think i did" nate spoke and hazel became more alert as they shook their head no. "i was going through a lot and then i realized i had feelings for you. you were so engulfed with dom though, it made me jealous so i, decided to take a step back. probably wasn't my best decision in the grand scheme of things but, thats why i left" nate confessed and hazel felt their heart sink to their stomach.

long before all of their fallen lovers, nate had their heart. he knew it too, they had confessed to him that they had feelings for him years ago. he said he wasn't ready to be with anyone and hazel made peace with that because he was still their best friend.

hazel took a sip of their wine cooler, the taste doing nothing but making them a little nauseous. maybe they'd lose their streak after all. they took a deep breath before letting off a soft smile in his direction "why didn't you tell me" was all they asked and he shrugged

"i don't know, i think by the time i realized you were like talking to other people and it just didn't seem fair to tell you after you came to me about how you felt back then. plus, i was afraid to be rejected i think. it also felt like, the closer you got to dominic you might've replaced me and i just couldn't stomach that" he said awkwardly chuckling throughout the last part.

"it's okay, i get it. we're still in each others orbits so maybe this is how its suppose to be. i'm just glad to have my best friend back" hazel told him before pulling him into a hug so tight it was almost suffocating, just how he liked it.

when the two separated, they enjoyed the night. singing their hearts out to their favorite songs on the karaoke machine with everyone else and hazel tried to enjoy themselves as best they could but, the effects of the liquor they drank brought their inner thoughts to the surface.

maybe he didn't leave them, maybe unconsciously hazel pushed nate away. it was their fault, none of this would've happened if he was around. they must have took him for granted, now this was the price they paid.

tmz has posted

tmz hazel montgomery & nate bennett have seemingly reunited, the infamous duo were spotted together for the first time in a year at a rina sawayama's birthday party

tmz hazel montgomery & nate bennett have seemingly reunited, the infamous duo were spotted together for the first time in a year at a rina sawayama's birthday party. how cozy, it seems the kids are in fact alright.

view comments

user we are sooo back

user NAZEL HIVE GET UP

user streets saying they're the leads in a teen drama ryan murphys directing ... this can't be coincidence

hazelwood ??? who let yall INSIDE

user oh wow they've moved on i see

user nates so cute omgg