don't pick up the phone, just let it ring

hazel never imagined that one day, they'd be making music of their own. it just didn't seem realistic. did they have a story to tell, sure but that didn't mean they had the guts to do it.

however, the situation they were now in with dominic served as a great motivator. they'd spent countless nights trying to discover how everything made them feel. creating music felt like putting together unorganized puzzle pieces but it was theirs.

"in case you were wondering" ended up being something hazel was incredibly proud of, moreso than any other project. it expressed their own woes more than anything else ever did and it was nice that it was finally out there and that people genuinely seemed to like it.

a week after it's release, hazel was finally able to celebrate it. typically album release parties were grand and hazel wanted to honor it in the same way but since it wasn't their debut album they decided on a nice lowkey dinner at the house with a few friends to celebrate how hard they had worked.

"i still can't believe you did that" lana said as she placed the cake in the middle of the table. "no like, who came up with that." sabrina question and hazel just chuckled "it was violet." hazel responded and tate chuckled to herself "that woman is something else" she stated causing the group to giggle.

honestly, hazel couldn't believe it either. the lead single on the ep was nightmare. nightmare was a rock song that halsey helped them write. the cover art was a photo of hazel lying on the ground. the kicker however, was that the floor was a collage of their four exes rowan, syre, imani and dominic with their eyes blacked out.

it felt like such a bold and hazel was more than willing to do it when violet suggested it. although there was some backlash that came with it, some unhappy phone calls, hazel stood on it and they were proud to do so. "when do i ever turn down the opprotunity to pull a stunt" hazel hypothetically questioned as they sat down.

once every one was sat, sabrina raised a toast to hazel before allowing them to blow out their candles. hazel felt special. although their world looked a little different now, the core 4 having separated once lana and hayden broke up shortly after dominic and hazel. something that felt like it would last forever was now gone and hazel was forced to evolved with the changes and they had.

sabrinacarpenter has posted.

liked by lanapark, dominicfike, hazelwood liciababy and others

sabrinacarpenter baby's first album release party !!! proud of you superstar hazelwood

view comments

user is that a cake or pie

user they are sooo cute

user that album sucked

jacobelordi missin yall :(

user that single cover was sooo cunt

user hazbrina my favs

soonalx hazel just be doing ANYTHING

hazel focused solely on the girls and them alone as the night went on, it wasn't often that they were all together anymore. it wasn't until their phone rang that they had snapped out of what felt like a daze. when they picked up the phone, an anxious feeling took over them.

it was dominic, the two had been on good terms for a while. still close but in a different and more confusing way so speaking to him sometimes was difficult. still, they went in the living room to take his call.

"you answered quick" dom noted and hazel just chuckled "didn't think i was suppose to wait" they replied and the boy let out a little laugh. "i heard about your thing, sorry i couldn't make it. wanted to tell you i was proud of you though." he confessed and hazels heart felt warm.

"really ?" was all they could muster up at the moment and he quickly confirmed "yeah, i listened to it when it first came out just to see and i was honestly impressed. you're really talented but everyone knows that. i even liked the cover to that one song" he said and hazel sighed, they couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or not, they had no idea how he felt about it.

"you can tell me if you don't like it." they muttered "no i do, i do. at first i was a little upset but from an artistic stand point it's bold and the songs good, you chose a good picture of me. i can't really complain too much." he said and his tone was definetly lighthearted which eased hazel's anxieties.

before they could say anything they heard voices in the back, they told themself it was probably reed or alex but it sounded too feminine to be either of them and hazel didn't want to think about what it actually was.

"i gotta go actually, tour shit. i'll talk to you later" he said and hazel said okay before telling him they loved him. something they always did whenever they were saying goodbye. sometimes he'd say it back, other times not so much. and he didn't say it back this time. it hurt honestly but they couldn't focus too much on it.

instead they shoved their phone in their pocket and headed back to the table where the girls were. when they had entered the room, they were all looking at hazel the looks on their faces seemed disappointed.

each of them had their time trying to nurse hazels fragile heart. help them heal and move on. to see that they were still in contact with dominic, especially after the things hazel confided to all of them about, it wasn't ideal to say the least.

"you've got to let him go, this one foot in one foot out shit is going to kill you" alicia said and hazel sighed as they sat back down trying not to make eye contact with any of the girls as they did so. "i know, i'm sorry" was all hazel could say.

hazel felt an intense amount of guilt about everything, they knew that the girls just wanted them to be happy. everyone looked out for hazel's best interest expect hazel. sometimes hazel wondered if the damage in their lives was their own doing.

they couldn't be in a stable relationship to save their life, it started to feel like they were the problem. they were disappointing their friends, their relationship with their family was muddy water and they felt so out of control.

knowing all of this though, hazel still chose dominic. they chose to love him regardless if he loved them back, they chose to chase him, to be in his orbit, to risk feeling rejected and insecure all in hopes that he would give him the one thing they'd wanted from him this entire time, the feeling back.