i wish you roses

music was dominic's passion. it meant everything to him. it was a form of escape, a form of solace for him. creating it meant he had a voice but with his voice meant he had eyes on him and that's what made releasing his album so difficult.

hazel had watched him work on, talk about, and conceptualize sunburn for as long as they knew him. it had both built him up and tore him down as he tried to perfect it. they watched as he stressed as the release date came around and they wanted to support him in anyway they could. they wanted to do something special for him.

"you better not fuck this up for me hayden" hazel threatened as they pulled out their digital camera and set it up. "i won't i promise, what do i say" he questioned as he fixed his posture and checked his appearance in his camera phone.

"just tell dom why you love him and congratulations, thats all. you can do that, right" they questioned and hayden nodded dusting his pants off and looking directly at the camera. "tell me when" hayden asked and hazel did so.

hayden then spent a whopping fifty three seconds telling dominic how proud he was of him and how honored he was to call him a brother. hazels heart warmed at the anticipation of everything.

throwing him a surprise album release party and making a video dedicated to him, it was a lot but he had to know how cared for he was. hazel spent over a month perfecting everything, making sure the decorations, the catering, the gifts and the video were all done to perfection.

hazel wondered if he had caught on yet, overhearing their conversations about it on the phone or maybe from haydens big mouth. that boy couldn't keep a secret to save his life.

as the days inched closer to the release date and all the finishing touches were set in stone all hazel had was the anticipation. hoping he'd love it. hayden kept dominic distracted under the guise of dom helping him choose a suit for an up incoming fashion show while hazel got ready with lana.

the two got dressed and then waited for the arrival for their friends and some of his family. everyone seemed really excited but hazel was riddled with anxiety. they searched for lana in the crowd of people rushing to the girl when they noticed her "any word from hayden, where are they." hazel questioned looking at the door to see if they had arrived

"traffics bad apparently but they're on the way" lana assured and hazel let out a sigh of relief. lana pulled them into a hug rubbing their back to calm them down. "you're okay, everythings okay. he loves you, he'll love it. you're overthinking, i promise." lana spoke trying to comfort them and hazel took in their words, they were being completely irrational.

when the two separated hazel took a deep breath as they walked away, greeting their friends. it wasn't long until they received the text from hayden that they were coming in. once everyone had got into position and the lights went out, hazels heart pounded in their chest as they heard dom's voice.

his footsteps getting louder the closer he got. it was now or never, the lights went back on and everyone popped out shouting "congratulations dom" the shock on his face was amazing. when he made eye contact with hazel the wide smile the came across his face proved that he did in fact, like the surprise.

he rushed to them engulfing them in a sweetly suffocating hug one that lifted them off the ground. they felt so happy. "montgomery !" he said excitement coating his voice. he placed a quick kiss on their lips, the first one he had ever done in public. hazel giggled before shaking their head. "i have one more thing for you wait."

they then went to shut off the lights and the projector beamed. they turned on the video and everyone turned their attention to it. the montage of clips of dominic in his day to day, through the lens of hazel were on display as i wish you roses by kali uchi's played in the background.