who , me ?

a week had past since the heated exchange and neither xiomara or hazel had spoken to dominic since.

xiomara tried to be okay with it but secretly the girl was crushed, the time the two had spent together although short lived was special to her and she didn't wanna lose that. she couldn't help the butterflies she felt in her stomach when she saw him or the smile that crept on her face when he texted her good morning.

it felt cruel and for hazel they were bummed as well. even though they weren't as close to him as xiomara, they missed his presence. it seemed like he didn't feel the same way though. they were just xiomara's friend to him, nothing more. so why should they mourn what never was.

hazel shrugged off the feeling trying not to dwell too much on the whole thing, so when they heard a knock on their door and it found the curly haired man at their door, they were confused.

"dom, what are you doing here" they questioned as they opened the door wider motioning for the man to come in and he did, making his way to the same table he sat at when they first formally met.

"we have a problem, you and me" he stated simply leaning against the table as he looked at them. they furrowed their eyebrows as they closed their door, completely clueless as to what he was talking about.

"how are you gonna waltz into my home and announce we have beef." they asked, giggling at the end. if they made a joke about it hopefully he'd lighten up. he always laughed at their jokes.

"i'm serious, just because me and xiomara and i aren't talking right now means you're gonna cut me off completely" he asked crossing his arms against his chest. they weren't gonna focus on how buff he looked today, his white shirt maybe a size smaller than it should've been.

instead they focused on his words, why would he be upset with them for not speaking with him ? it's not like he cared, did he ? hazel scoffed "no, i was just respecting my friend and giving her some time. i thought it would be the right thing to do considering—" they took a pause before continuing

"i didn't think you'd care honestly" they confessed and he looked at them with confusion written all over his face "why wouldn't i care hazel, you're someone i care about" he responded and hazel honestly hazel couldn't believe the things he was saying. he cared about them ?

they shrugged "i just didn't know. i just assumed you saw me as xiomara's loud mouth friend. an extension of her maybe but you're not ever really around for me" and dominic sighed once he heard that. they weren't completely wrong, he hadn't ever spoke to hazel unless xiomara was around.

infact this was the first time they'd ever been alone. it's not like he cared about xiomara than hazel it was just, hazel seemed unattainable and he often questioned if they even liked him at all.

"i'm sorry, hazel" dominic apologized , which is one thing he never did. not unless he truly meant it. "me too" they replied before sending the boy s small smile. "i wanna talk more, hang more. us two. you okay with that ?" he suggested and hazel nodded agreeing to this new found friendship.

"lets make it official" hazel said before extending their pinkie towards him and he took it, the two of them making a promise to one another in that moment, one dominic intended to keep.

the rest of the night, dominic stayed over and bonded over literally everything. music, food, life experiences, they swapped stories and laughed all night and hazel noticed that this was the most safe and comfortable they felt in a long time.

they wondered why.