and so are you

distance had been growing between hazel and xiomara slowly but surely. the uncomfortable tension wasn't something either of them could ignore, no matter how much they tried. xiomara was visibly upset today, more than they had been in the past few days. it made hazel anxious, so they confronted her about it. "you okay ? you seem different. whats wrong ?" hazel questioned as they shifted in their seat.

the two had been at the mall for the past hour, they thought maybe they just needed a day to themselves to bond and catch up but the vibes proved otherwise. "honestly no, i'm a little irritated" xiomara confessed as they slumped in their seat. "with what?" hazel continued anticipating the girls answer

xiomara sat up placing their elbows on the table as she looked at hazel. "i'm not over dominic but, he chose you. he was always going to choose you" the girl stated it seemed like tears were forming in her eyes. hazel was confused and their facial expression couldn't hide it.

chose them ? they were just friends, dominic and hazel. they hated how xiomara insisted otherwise, yes hazel had feelings that were more than platonic towards him but that didn't matter. the two were just friends, why couldn't she see that. "what are you talking about" hazel questioned, they tried not to carry a heavy tone

"he chose you. he loves you, he said so himself. he's never talked about me the way he talks about you." xiomara elaborated and the guilt hazel had been harboring underneath began to surface. they couldn't look at hazel "the guy i'm in love with loves my best friend" xiomara whispered to herself but hazel heard loud and clear and for some reason the idea of xiomara being in love with dominic not only seemed unreal but it seemed impossible.

a school-girl crush on dominic was one thing, he was charasmatic and mysterious and flirty and fun. he was full of life, a shining star. who wouldn't crush on the man but to be in love with him, did she even know what she was saying.

"in love ? you're in love with dominic" hazel questioned, their tone was different. xiomara couldn't tell if they were angry or confused and honestly neither could they. the girl nodded at the question and hazel crossed their arms over their chest "i honestly don't know what to say." they shrugged, this whole conversation began to make them uncomfortable. the thought of xiomara being in love with dominic was so farfetched, she didn't know him not the real him. how could she love him ?

"and so are you." xiomara stated causing hazel to officially angry. "what the hell are you talking about, like genuinely." they shot back and xiomara just rolled her eyes "i'm not stupid hazel, i guess i just don't understand how you can be so close to him after what he did to me" xiomara went on and hazel scoffed

"did to you ? he stated a boundary. he wasn't ready, he's not ready. he wasn't ever gonna be with you or me. thats not where hes at right now." they ranted as they got up "also don't question me about being in his life when you were the one who introduced us. not everythings fucking about you, mara" they continued venom spilling from the tip of their tongue as they did so.

they weren't gonna listen to anything else xiomara had to say say, so they left. everything seemed to be about dominic now when it came to xiomara and they hated that. it made thing harder for hazel cause it felt like she was forcing them to choose a side and in all honesty, they weren't sure if xiomara was where their loyalties lied.

hazel couldn't help but cry as they made their way to their car. it wasn't hard to acknowledge that they had feelings for dominic, but in love ? they couldn't be in love with him.

they took a deep sigh as they got in the car trying to center themselves when they heard their phone ring. a sense of relief washed over them when they realized it was him.

quickly, hazel got themselves together before answering. he greeted them on the other end and hazel tried to greet him back with the same amount of excitement but their voice failed them. he knew something was wrong.

"you okay ? what's going on." dominic questioned worry covering his voice. hazel sighed swallowing the lump in their throat

"nothing, i'm okay. i just had a long day is all" they answered but he knew it wasn't the truth. "well then you need to get your rest because you're rolling with me tomorrow " he said matter-of-factly

"i'm off so that works, where are we going" hazel replied "you'll be with me, thats all you need to know. just trust me" he responded and so they did.