it's cause you are

after their heart to heart, hazel and dominic spoke every minute of everyday. not literally, but it surely felt like it and for some reason it felt right. there hazel was lying on the rug inside dominic's studio as the watched him pull gently on the strings off his guitar.

he hummed lowly to himself, focusing heavily on trying to find the perfect sound. something to spark something in him. whenever dominic worked, hazel watched him in awe. they had been a studio before, either with xiomara while she was recording, or for a work project but never had they seen someone so in the zone about music.

they found him fascinating, everything about him made them wanna pick his brain. they wanted to know everything he thought, felt, liked, loved. "this shit ain't working" dom huffed as he put his guitar down and slouched in his chair. he knew that once he started to get frustrated that enough was enough.

hazel rested their head in their hands as they looked up at him. "i for one thought you were doing pretty good" hazel stated matter of factly and he sighed "i wanna sound great" he murmured and hazel mentally face palmed, for such a talented guy he wasn't aware of what and who he was.

"you always do, your music is incredible" they complimented and dominic lit up. the thought of hazel hearing his work made him feel funny, exposed in a way. he wondered what they thought of it, thought of him. "you listen to my music" the man questioned and they nodded sitting up

"how much have you heard" he asked curious to see how far they'd gone. "as much as i could find honestly. i think all your released shit and some unreleased shit on soundcloud too. i just, i don't know i like music, you make music. i thought why not" they babbled, hazel wished they would stop talking but had found themselves in a habit of telling dom all of their thoughts.

dominic couldn't contain his laughter and hazel prayed that their face wasn't turning red.  "thats cool, i feel like i should watch something you're in now" he said and they groaned "please don't" they replied

"how is that fair" dominic asked making eye contact with him. something he had learned that they were terrible at. hazel diverted their eyes elsewhere as usual and dominic find himself silently gushing over the individual. they were adorable. "can you at least tell me what songs you like, why. it'll help me improve" he asked pouting hoping it would sway them, and it did.

the two spent the night listening to dominic's discography as hazel spoke about which song evoked what emotion out of them, what note they liked best, what it made them think of. the more hazel spoke the more intrigued dominic became.

"this song has your essence, it reminds me of you actually." dominic stated as double negative played through the speakers and hazel smiled. "thank you, i think" they replied as they pranced around the room singing along. he watched how carefree they were and it made his heart feel warm.

hazelwood has posted

hazelwood maybe if you feel out of place <3

view comments

dominicfike woah

dominicfike you could totally fix me idk
hazelwood we'll see <33

dominicfike it's cause you areeeeee

user omg

evanmock stinkabutt 😘

user so hot

xiomama babybaby 💚
hazelwood ily

TATUM
i hate him !!

TATUM
he sucks

SIDNEY
omg who ?!!
evan.

SIDNEY
ntm evans my baby

TATUM
no ofc not

TATUM
i mean dom

SIDNEY
what did he do ??

TATUM
he told me he didn't
wanna get to know
me in that way anymore
and that he's not ready
for a relationship

TATUM
but he can flirt with my
best friend ??

SIDNEY
flirting ? we're just friends

TATUM
you two are always
together now... like
omg ???

SIDNEY
i invite you to hang
with us all the time and
you decline.

TATUM
i can't see him rn
not after everything

SIDNEY
i get it.

SIDNEY
are you like mad at me
that he & i are like .. close
now

TATUM
no ofc not ily

SIDNEY
ily2

TATUM
i'm heading back to the
studio but we should hang out
soon. i miss you

SIDNEY
sounds good babes

hazel started to wonder if they were doing something wrong by creating a bond with dominic after what happened between him and xiomara.

on one hand they could see why xiomara would be hurt by this but dominic and hazel were just friends. dominic and xiomara too, he told her he wasn't ready for anything more. she was the one who catapulted dom into their life.

so hazel swallowed down any ounce of guilt that tried to surface as they thought about the time they'd been spending with dominic it bringing them comfort as they drifted off to sleep.