𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: Open Case

──────────❝ 💌 ❞──────────

Annie pulled up to Woodsboro High School and took immediate notice of the multitude of police cars and news vans flashing cameras as they interviewed students for any information they could get from them. Annie climbs out and locks her car before moving down the pathway and stopping by the familiar face of Gale Weathers as she spoke, "The small town of Woodsboro, California was devastated last night when two young teenagers were found brutally butchered. Authorities have yet to issue a statement but our sources tell us that no arrest has been made and the murderer could strike again..."

Annie was uneased by this knowledge, she spots Sidney and Tatum ahead of her and sighs before rushing toward the two. "Do you believe this shit?" Tatum asked the moment Annie stepped up next to the two girls. "What happened?" Sidney asked Tatum. "Yeah, even I'm uninformed," Annie added. "Oh God! You both don't know? Casey Becker and Steve Forrest-Orth were killed last night," Tatum explained to the two girls. "No way," Sidney replied in shock while Annie looked down at the words, she was having flashes back to Queens with the Cherub Killer.

"And not just killed, girls. We're talking splatter movie killed -- split open end to end," Tatum continued with a stunned tone, it was clear the shock and excitement was buzzing within the small town. "Casey Becker... She sits next to me in English," Sidney muttered. "Not anymore," Annie teased before clearing her throat realising the girls weren't the ones to joke with. "Her parents found her hanging from a tree. Her insides on the outside," Tatum told them after giving Annie a stern look for her joke that made Sidney uncomfortable.

"Do they know who did it?" Sidney asked their friend. "Fucking clueless -- they're interrogating the entire school. Teachers, students, staff, janitors..." Tatum trails off as Sidney turns to her, "They think it's school-related?" Annie frowned slightly as she wrapped her arms around herself. "They don't know. Dewey said this is the worst crime they've ever seen. Even worse than--" Annie cut off Tatum, "It's clearly bad. It's a small town, this is going to be big no matter what." Tatum nodded, "They're bringing in the feds." Annie looked around the schoolyard with an uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach.