𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄: Sidney's Woes

───────❝ 💌 ❞───────

───────❝ 💌 ❞───────

Sidney Prescott was in total darkness, she searched the wall for a light switch as the door knob turns, the lock holds as the door is nearly shaken from its hinges. It goes silent, only Sidney's rapid breathing fills the space around her as she trembles, reaching above herself she finds a string and pulls it, a lightbulb flickering to life overhead. She's in a small box of a room, the door is on one side, a small narrow staircase on the other side and she eyes the door knob, then the staircase, contemplating; but it's an easy decision, there's no fucking way she's going up into the attic. She unlocks the door and pushes on it but it won't give, she pushes again but its locked on the other side.

Sidney turns to the staircase and heads into the attic, anxiously. The attic is long and narrow, cluttered with furniture, boxes and the likes as moonlight filters in through a small raised window on the front wall of the house. She moves through the attic constantly bumping into random items, she swallows hard as she spots the raised window above her, a way out; if only she could reach it. She stacks object after object to building a ladder to the window, she climvs to the top, holding on to the window frame. She spots Gale Weathers immediately, she screams out, looking for the window latch but there isn't one.

Gale, hanging tough, approaches the front door, unable to hear Sidney's screams three floors up. Gale reaches for the door just as she hears loud, horrible shrieks from just inside; she backs away before racing across the yard putting distance between her and the house. Her mind racing from the information she had gotten from the missing Dewey about Neil Prescott's phone call history and the hidden car down the street along with the day being the one year anniversary of Maureen Prescott's death leading to the signs all pointing at a mentally broken and disturbed man being responsible for the Ghostface murders.

Sidney -- who found an old tennis racket -- swings the item at the window causing glass to spray everywhere. She moves quickly, lifting herself up over broken glass and pulled herself through the window frame onto the side of the house. She looks around for Gale, screaming for her, but Gale is gone leaving Sidney to save herself. She lowers herself down the ledge, sliding down a sloped portion of the roof onto the Master Bedroom's balcony. And then she eases herself over the railing and lowers herself, hanging as low as she can, then she let's go, free-falling the rest of the way; but in a split instant, Ghostface appears grabbing her wrist in midair.

Sidney's body hangs, dangling against the side of the house and Ghostface begins to lift her, pulling her back onto the balcony. Sidney jerks, pulls, twists, but the hands have her, hoisting her up as she screams madly, yanking one last time, freeing herself from Ghostface's hold. She drops to the ground -- a good seven feet -- landing on her back, hitting hard enough to wind herself. She grabs at her pained leg and brings it upright. Chaos ensues for Sidney as she attempts to get a frantic Gale's attention as the older woman panics at the sight of her dead camera man sliding off of the roof.