09. Style

AN:)Remember to vote & comment.
Thank you🤍 Oh, & enjoy.

📍ST JOHNS HEIGHTS, SPANISH TOWN

Z A R A
ᴢᴀʀᴀ

The moment the guy steps inside behind my mother my cheeks flushes. I push up my door, walking closer.

"Zara? You a listen?" I hear Gina say. A so fast yuh forget the lady?

"I..." he's staring at me. "Um...I'm gonna call you back."

She sighs. "Chro when the conversation nice?"she hisses. "But alriii. Call mi back later."

I hear the call disconnect.

His mother has rich melanin. Her skin glistening. Something about that I just like. She dresses classy too, her curls bouncy and black.

She looks like an older me..

"Later Lennox," she smiles. "Call me when you leaving."

She tells my mother bye before getting in the passenger side of a black Honda Civic. It pulls off and I turn to my mother. She's welcoming the guy.

He's very handsome let's start there. Very tall too, his features are admirable.

Only handsome guys goes to Kingston College? I can't help staring

Only handsome guys goes to Kingston College? I can't help staring. Damn. I look down, waiting to introduce myself.

"And yuh know Aunty Nessa sent banana bread for you," I watch as he pulls his JanSport bag and takes out a foil paper.

He hands it to mama.

"Thank you son.."she's beaming. "One thing, Ol' gyal Nessa gonna set me up eno."

He laughs and glance at me, before looking at her. His stare just now sends heat to my cheeks.

Whew.

"Zara?" she calls and I finally walk towards them. I can feel his stare. "Hi," I greet.

He steps back and rub his goatee beard, a smile on his face. "Weh me know yuh from?"

I shrug. "I...I don't know."

"Me see yuh somewhere before man. Which school yuh go?" he questions.

"St. Hughs," I retort.

He snaps his finger as if he remembers something. "Yess fi real. I was at the inter clubbing."