28. Aroma

Sign in
Oh, & remember to click the ⭐️

📍ST HUGHS HIGH SCHOOL
Z A R A
ᴢᴀʀᴀ

Girl me nuh wah go nowhereeee," I pull back from Suzanne. She has her sweaty hands wrapped around my wrist.

She's the type of person whose hand is always moist.

Gina and Anna just laughing.

Suzanne continues, her grip still tight. She's the tallest in our friend group and the strongest one too, apparently.

She a must wonder ooman.

I feel my body drag further.

I plant my feet in the ground and pivot my strength on my back leg. Even then, it's still a struggle.

Jesus Christ a weh Ms. Shareen get deh gyal yah from?

Like a bay banana the gyal nyam a St. Mary man.

Yup, two a we a proud country dolls.

Gina is a Vincy.

Her mom Jamaican, her dad a Pilot from St. Vincent & the Grenadines.

Anna—let's say, is from the heart of Kingston town. It's some bad place. I can't remember the name, but if I hear it I'll remember.

My thoughts are interrupted by Zanne once again.

She strong lakka lion.

"Zanne me wah bring sup'm to Nickoi," I laugh, now tired. I'm almost ready to give up. She isn't about that anytime soon though.

"And mi nuh say nooo Zara mi just a say make we get your mind off a him cause you a stress yourself too much," she's trying her hardest to persuade me.

This is ridiculous.

It's not even working. Just annoying me as the seconds rolls by.

My apple watch painfully pressing down into my skin. It hurts. I grimace, still pulling back from my annoying best friend.

The 3 gyaliess dem a mi bestfren.

Gavin too.

You just a dash the likkle title carelessly bout the place so, the girl in my head says with an eye roll.

How is that her problem?

Ugh.

I hate her.

Mua, she blows a kiss, then says, 'No bars.'

AnYwAyS!

As it relates to Gavin, he's been really really busy with his school duties at George's while also balancing a work from home with Ibex company. So it's understandable that he has less free time.

Last summer we had a ball.

Now, life is lifeing...

I now have a boyfriend in my life—I mean, a sex partner who takes up 90% of my thoughts on a daily basis..

Speaking of that.

I wonder how much mi score pan the test?

Go ask Miss now!

"A wah get you so excited you nuh bother irritated by me?" Zanne laughs. I stare blankly at her, with a 'straight' face.

"You're trying to be funny huh?" I smile.

She smiles too.

I look down at my hand.

"Mi nuh like people bother mi brain eno, the people dem son already ah occupy mi mind," I breathe heavily.