77. Strangers

📍PREMIERE PLAZA, KINGSTON
N I C K O I
ɴɪᴄᴋᴏɪ

Sitting in the chair, Spooky drags the needle through my skin, he embeds the last 'a' in her name on my chest, italicized just above my heart

Sitting in the chair, Spooky drags the needle through my skin, he embeds the last 'a' in her name on my chest, italicized just above my heart. It's a tree with falling cherry blossoms, 'Zara' coiled in the roots.

Gutta and the other man dem find me, they're coming from school, telling me about the teachers asking for me. I haven't been there in 3 weeks.

"All Myrie a wonder a wah gwaan dawg," he's concerned, but I've already made up my mind.

"Desso nah see back my face mi fadda," stretching my legs out, I keep my eyes on her name.

Gutta knows that I'm going through deep shit, we haven't spoke about it, but he knows. The look on his face is a giveaway.

"Jah know....never wah yuh give up, we have Cape bro..." is his attempt to persuade me.

"Hmm," I nod. "Unuh can use me IA dem just change up wah fi change up or portal dem to me and me deal with dem."

They all look disappointed.

"Jah know," Scar sighs.

"A wah do yuh dawg?" Keno questions.

"Just lose me muse.." I say vaguely, but it's deeper than they think.

Gutta gets it though.

Spooky moisturizes the tattoo and slip the gloves off his hands and throw it away.

Spooky has locs, but he isn't a cultural Rasta. Just for fashion, cause a regula me see dem man yah a f— up meat.

"A wah time?" he drops his eyes to his wrist, he realizes that he isn't wearing his watch. Everyone laughs.

I don't.

Reaching for my new phone, I check the time to see that it's 2:45.

"15 minutes to three," I say.

He nods his head. "Mi have a b fi a nose piercing 3 o' clock."

Having no interest in his next customer, I get off the seat, move to the mirror for a closer look.

"This bad mi dawg," I make a fist and connect it with his.

His phone rings, pulling my tees over my head, Keno mutters.

"Har clit she a pierce?" his eyes on a woman who is in the next room with her friends.

They laugh.

I just look, before turning my eyes back to the mirror.

"Yes baby yuh reach?" Spooky is on the phone, he then puts it on speaker, as he puts on clean black gloves then I hear...

A who fa voice dat bwoy Prezzi?