13. Drug

Remember to vote ⭐️

I also didn't proofread.

📍ST JOHNS HEIGHTS, SPANISH TOWN

Z A R A
ᴢᴀʀᴀ

"What? Are you serious?" I nearly choke on my cherry juice

"What? Are you serious?" I nearly choke on my cherry juice. I look outside. Lennox is getting out of his car.

"Mi think you would talk to me on the phone," I end the call and walk to the veranda.

Mommy shouts from her room. "Who is that Zara?"

"Is it Mickoi?" Qara jumps up.

"It's Lennox mommy. The guy I'm tutoring," I say and she walks out.

"So late? It's almost 7pm," she looks out dubiously.

"I...I just wanted to talk to him as it relates to his friend," I look down, sliding my feet inside my Crocs.

She doesn't say anything further. She sits on the veranda, her Bible already in her hand.

"Qara can you take the key?" I call out. Lennox approaches the steps. He greets my mother warmly.

"Good night Ms. Michelle," she waves. Her response is just as warm.

"Good evening. How are you?"

"You know mi a do good though," he answers and slips his hands inside his knickers pocket.

"How is the tutor going?" I hear mommy asking. I look over my shoulder to call Qara again.

She's coming with the keys in her tiny hands. She's already dressed in her pajamas.

"Good night cute girl," Lennox smiles.

Qara's lips turns into a straight line. "Bye." She turns and walk in.

Mommy grabs her arm.

"Miss? What was that?" she isn't pleased. Qara softens her voice.

"I'm torry mommy," her tiny voice says from the living room.

Lennox is smiling.

I shake my head and pull the padlock. I pull the grill and he steps in. As soon as he's inside, I close it.

"Again. I'm sorry about that," I sigh and take a seat on the veranda. He sits too, then Qara returns.

She stands in front him with her eyebrows pulled together. Mommy comes at the door, her eyes steely.

"I'm torry," she drops her arms and run inside.

"Don't be rude to anyone. That's not how I grow you," mommy says walking in behind her.

We fall in complete silence. I stare ahead, thinking of the reason I wanted to talk to him in the first place.

I hear him sigh. I turn to him, he's staring in concern.