12. Snitch

Remember to click the star❤️ Are you ready?

(Didn't proofread)🧍🏾‍♀️

📍ST JOHNS HEIGHTS, SPANISH TOWN

Z  A  R  A
ᴢᴀʀᴀ

I yawn and notice that someone is blocking the sun. Sun? How is it so bright already? Shit, what time is it?

The curtain pulls noisily against the curtain rod, sunlight gushing in. It's mommy. I sit up, nervously.

"How did you sleep?"

"I.." I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out.

"You probably want to cover your breast. You don't want anymore mosquitoes to bite you right?" she says without looking.

Her tone flat, demeanor awfully calm.

I gasp and look down at my round boobs exposed. Covered with hickeys. I grip the sheet against my cleavage.

Shit.

My breathing ragged. "I..." I attempt to speak again.

I don't know what to say. It's all so candid. Even a blind could see what I've done.

The rippled sheets..

My naked body...

Me being in her bed...

School morning and I'm up late...

Omg..

My panty is still on the floor, the blood is still stained in the tiles.

She's glaring at it.

My lips are trembling, cold sweat washing my entire body.

Jesus piece..

I'm fighting back my tears. I don't know what to say. My fingers trembling. I want to run but I'm naked.

Mi did tell yuh fi nuh drop asleep in ya eno but nooo yuh gaw sleep same way!

I observe my mother. She's already dressed for work. I know she wasn't here. Nickoi and I cuddled til' 2 am when I realize that mommy wasn't coming home. Then he said he had to leave, that's when I fell asleep.

"You didn't come home last night?" I ask, on edge. My heart beating out of my chest. She ignores me and goes on to say.

"There are things that only takes place between responsible adults. Can you tell me what some of those things are?"

"Hm?" I sound like a kitten.

Mi nuh like this fi yuh babes..

"Let me tell you what some of those things are..."she moves closer.

Jesus Christ..

I push up my body in the bed. My back pressing against the headboard. I don't take my eyes off her.

My eyes glimpsing at her hands.