46. Spoil

A week after...

📍COLBECK MANOR, OLD HARBOR

N I C K O I
ɴɪᴄᴋᴏɪ

I park on the side of the road and watch as my grandfather jogs down the hill with his 'helper' Ryssa

Never know say mi could a hate me own grandfather. Mind sharp me just speed off and lick him dung.

Jah Jah...

I wait until they're out of sight before I walk into their driveway. His French Bull Dog growls as I enter. I pull out my silencer gun and purposely graze him. He howls and runs off.

"Mi nuh like none a unuh," I kiss my teeth.

I walk towards his silver Prado SUV. The moment I do, I drag the glass breaker against every window, before shooting the wheels.

I get in the house right after.

My phone rings.

I look to see that it's my father.

"Yo?" I put the phone on speaker and place the phone on the island, looking through his cereals.

Bredda yuh nuh serious?

"Weh yaw do a' Old Harbor?" comes his deep voice.

"Come look fi yuh father," I retort.

He chuckles.

"Trouble yah make doh?" he questions.

"Nah sah...some Cereal me a make and gwaan wait fi me grandfather, nah give no trouble mon," I reach for the Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Everybody know say trouble a yuh miggle name.

He chuckles. "Even if me never sure yah fimme, not a soul could a tell me yah Jacket cause this is some shit I'd do."

I laugh and place the milk next to the bowl after throwing the Cereal inside.

"No joke mon," I smile and pour milk inside, now taking a spoonful while waiting for him to come through the door.

When my father is off the phone I FaceTime Zara.

She answers but doesn't speak.

"Mami?"

"Hmm..." she hums and sobs. I'm instantly alarmed. I sit up to look at the screen. She holds it from her face.

"Wahm to yuh make me see yuh face," I speak aggressively but I'm just worried.

Regula day.

"Hmmm..." she keeps humming. The more I listen to her, the more I see that she's in a lot of pain.

"Wahm to yuh?!" I repeat.

"Nickoi...um...um..." she goes silent again pissing me off.

"So if yuh no talk to me how mi ago help?" My words harsh.