17. Guilt

Hey🩶

📍ST JOHNS HEIGHTS, SPANISH TOWN

N I C K O I
ɴɪᴄᴋᴏɪ

As soon as I speak again her eyes widens.

"Really?" she's stunned. "But Nickoi...I, I don't have that kind of money to pay you back."

She looks down.

"No I don't want you to pay me back," I quickly say.

She looks up at me in shock.

"A house?"she's in disbelief. "And you don't want me to pay back?"

"No," I smile. "Mi just wah yuh consent before me just go link the Real Estate Agent," I tell her.

"Omg," she breathes. "I mean, that's so nice of you but do you know how expensive houses in gated communities are?"

"Trust me, that's the least.."

Man a Meech in a real life..

She smiles. Her eyes waters. Then she shakes her head. "No Nickoi...it's fine."

"I want to help...me a do this not just because me rate yuh daughter but...mi already see unuh as a family. Mi hate fi think say unuh in a danger cause a nuh all the time me ago around and yuh neighbors aren't good," I explain.

I really want to do this.

And a nuh like mi a do it fi prove a point.

Dem feel like family.

And I feel like I should protect them. It's my nature to be like this.

I don't feel comfortable with them being in this community.

At all.

Especially when a Outlaw kill the wasteman dem. They'll know Zara is affiliated with me and try again.

What if I can't get to help? What if I'm nowhere close? What if they don't get the chance to call me?

Good thing Qara did.

But a nuh all the time things play out the same.

Jah know..

That puts a thought in my head. I start thinking deeply.

Wonder if mi fi lowe har alone? I'm already putting her in danger.

Nuh bother meds like dat..

For some reason I feel like this is linked to some Gang feud.

I make a mental note to link Eric.

Gutta dealt with everything yes. Still, I feel the need to try and find out exactly who sent them. This nuh just happ'n so.

Real dawg..

"You okay?" Ms. Michelle ask. I snap back to reality and nod.

"Yeah...so wah yuh say bout the house?"