10. Ready

📍HALF WAY TREE, KINGSTON

Z A R A
ᴢᴀʀᴀ

School has just ended, we're now in Half Way Tree doing our daily window shopping while sucking on our Kisko ice.

We do this every single evening.

Anna keeps stopping though. Causing us to do the same. Every street we walk on, she spots someone she knows vice versa.

"Smaddy can stay so?" Gina hisses before turning to me.

Her expression back to normal. Actually, her eyes are glinting with mischief.

Here we go again..

"You never call me back.."she wiggles her eyebrows. My mind drifts to Sashieka.

I want to see her today. So, I'm thinking of taking a drive to downtown to go home today since she goes to Tivoli High. Other days I just take a coaster to Spanish Town.

Gavin told me he's at the barber shop. I may look for him, seeing that Anna wants to get a phone case.

"Watch the lady and me a talk to har," I snap back to reality when Gina starts complaining.

I laugh. "Sorry sis. Wah you say again?"

"You never call me back Saturday," she reminds me.

Oh, yes. That.

"I was telling you I'm talking to you know who.." I speak vaguely, a blush already creeping up.

Her face lits up.

"God know me want unuh deh but at the same time..." she's hesitating, she makes a grimace.

"Tell me," I press.

"Him bad," she frowns, tilting her head to the side.

"Tell me something I don't know," I playfully scoff.

"But mi nah lieeee yuh would a hit the jackpot if yuh deh with deh bwoy deh," she giggles, influencing me to do the same.

I can't contain myself actually.

Mi just a smile a goweh so.

"So if him bad no yam head me ago be if me pursue that?" I ask.

"Erm...yea," she nods. "But Zara, you a THAT girl that bwoy will settle down. You nuh regula member that!"

I just smile.

He did say he wanted to settle down yes..

But my mother always say the nicest guys are the ones who haven't gotten your body as yet.

So...I don't know.

Yes because you style the man..

How did I?

I was just going out with a friend. I can't have male friends? Gosh. We're not even in a relationship really.

He is in his head though.

Girl shut up before mi affi come out a yuh head and stone you.

"Why you a overthink it?" Gina seems to know how to read me.

"Gina mi nuh know," I sigh, now looking away at busy people moving to and fro, then at the Ardenne, Excelsior, Half Way Tree primary and a few St. George's College students.

Usually I'd see Kc boys.

Dem school nuh over yet?

Hehe. If this isn't some funny shit.