48. Corrupt

Mua💋, 300k

I didn't read over.

📍DYKE ROAD, SPANISH TOWN
Z  A  R  A
ᴢᴀʀᴀ

"Yaw idiot? Put gun pan you ooman youth?!"Outlaw slams a fist in Nickoi's face, his mouth starts bleeding.

I jerk back.

I told him what happened and this is how it's been going.

He lured Nickoi saying he had a meeting and started beating him ever since. Each time he speaks, he punches Nickoi.

The thump dem deadly.

"Suppose yuh did shoot her? A love yuh call that youth?!" he gives him another punch that makes me look away.

"Answer me! Me a talk to miself bad man?!" he grabs his collar.

Nickoi looks down. He has been like that for the entire time. No emotion, no groans, no nothing. Just stillness.

"Who mi a talk to?!" His voice echoes throughout the room.

Nickoi looks up. His eyes moves to me, I feel my heart stop. The powerful slap across his face snaps his eyes to his dad.

I feel bad.

But...

But nothing! What if him did pull the trigger? A yuh life dat.

I guess I'm too much of a kind hearted person.

"You love her?!" he shouts.

Nickoi turns his eyes to me, before shifting his attention to his lap.

"Look like yuh wah get man cross eno bwoy Nickoi," his name sounds strange coming from his father.

"Just answer bro," Junior chimes in.

I feel uncomfortable. We're in a room filled with tables, coats, guns and printing machinery.

All his workers looks like killers too.

Nickoi sighs, looking over at his father approaching him with a gun.

"I..." I stop myself.

"Mi nah kill him," he tells me before he shakes his head at Nickoi. "Look at that and a she yuh have gun pan?"

He sighs. "If yuh nuh willing fi work pan yourself stay away from the woman Pitney youth!"

I gulp, rubbing my arm.

"Me and yuh chat pon the phone and yuh tell me say yuh want work pan yuhself fi har eno," his father surprises me when he says that. "So wah this fa?"

Feeling uneasy, I cross my arm. I switch to my next leg.

Nickoi looks up at me and I feel my heart pounding.

Outlaw looks at me too.

Jesus mi feel nervous..