41. Follow

ello.🧚🏾‍♀️

📍BEVERLY HILLS, ST. ANDREW

N I C K O I
ɴɪᴄᴋᴏɪ

"Bwoy Bob, hope me nuh call too early eno," I say with a chuckle.

"No man you good," he retorts.

He's the Manager for the Hope Zoo. Today I'm taking Qara to the Zoo. I don't know why but she feels like my daughter.

And this long overdue still..

Word.

"No man as a business man a nuh nutt'n fi we rise early," is his response.

"Right thing, weh you say, yuh murda the sun..." I trail off. Bob laughs to himself, I block him out.

Wonder if har sister want fawud too?

That would a make me whole day.

She probably say no.

Jah know....the man wake up and decide fi be a pessimist.

"So me can expect yuh today fam?" he questions, sounding enthusiastic. "How much people?"

"Two...well probably three. As soon as me confirm the third person me link yuh back," I let him know before ending the call.

It's 8am, I roll out of bed and make my way to the balcony.

The fresh air is what I need before mi ring Michelle daughter line. I take a seat and call her number.

It rings out.

Jah know...

Maybe this is a bad idea...

Try again bredda.

I press on her number and listen as it rings. Feeling impatient, I reach over to end the call. That's when she tiredly says. "Mmm?"

"Morning, mi wake yuh?" Is the first thing I think of asking her.

Nah lie...

This feel like we back to square one when I'm just starting to know her and she's difficult to talk to.

And mi hate that.

"You no want talk?" I try again due to her silence.

Why she make me feel like a rookie?

"Mi a hear you...what's up?" her voice sleepy. I feel like I'm begging her. I'd hate to think that I am.

Mi a lowe this.

This a the problem G' how that a go fix anything?

She sound uninterested dawg.

This a no your style, make she interested...

At least know inna yuh self say yuh did try..