Chapter 6

The rumours were already flying around at school the very next day. Roman smiled to himself, knowing that he knew the truth and that they did not. Everybody else thought that Tyler had been involved in a hit and run. There was to be another memorial, the next night. Roman looked around at the sea of faces in the corridor. Most people looked shocked, upset or uneasy- after all, this was the second death of a student in Hemlock Grove in the past school year.

"Roman?" It was Letha. She had called him last night, but this was the first time they had been able to talk in person about Tyler's tragic demise. She looked as if she had been crying, with her makeup slightly smudged below the eyes, and her hair was unkempt. However, no matter how little he liked to see Letha upset, he couldn't quite feel bad about the whole incident. Of course, he hadn't told her what had actually happened. He had told no one.

Roman pulled Letha into a hug, and stroked her hair. "It's okay. Sssh."

"I know," Letha looked determined as she pulled away from his touch. She rubbed her belly subconsciously. Roman narrowed his eyes, wondering if Letha had lied when she said Tyler wasn't the father. "It's just, first Brooke Bluebell- now this? Is it possible that there's a-" Letha's eyes widened as she leaned in close and whispered-"Serial killer?"

Roman laughed, although Letha was not far from the truth. "No, cous. It's Hemlock Grove."

"Well, my Dad said differently. And you know that he knows what he's talking about."

Roman smiled down at his shoes. "That he does. But what happened to Brooke was an animal attack, and Tyler was involved in an accident- that's all."

"I hope so." Letha furrowed her eyebrows. "I've got to go to class. Talk to you later, okay?"

"Bye, cous," Roman watched her walk away.