Chapter 19

Letha twisted the handle and opened the store cupboard to find Shelley and Peter looking around at her with cautious expressions on their faces. Letha was first and foremost surprised- she had come to get some art supplies and had not expected there to be people already using the storeroom. She would have simply left them alone if this was anyone else, but Shelley was her cousin and well Peter...

"What are you two doing in here?" she asked. She looked down at Shelley's hand, which Peter was wrapping toilet paper around. That was... weird.

"I was in a fight," said Peter. "Shelley saved me." He smiled up at her, and Shelley nervously grinned back at him. Letha felt a pang of unwarranted jealously strike her.

"Riiight..." Letha said. Peter's face actually was quite beaten up, and there was also a small bloodstain on his polo top.

"There were no bandages. I am aware this is toilet paper," The weird voice from Shelley's phone said.

"Why didn't you go to the school nurse, silly?" Letha approached Shelley with concern. She noticed that there were bloodstains on the bandages on the other girl's hands.

"It is not my blood."

"Who attacked you?" Letha asked Peter.

Peter shrugged- not because he didn't want to tell her, but because he didn't seem to really know. "Some blonde guy. I think he was in the younger year- it seemed like he was friends with Tyler. They blamed me for his death- which I didn't even know about until now. Oh, and there was the usual werewolf thing." Peter rolled his eyes.

"Tyler was in a hit and run," Letha told him. Tears almost came to her eyes when she thought of it- Tyler had been a good friend even though he was her ex.

"Sheeit," Peter said. "I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it," Letha sniffed.

Suddenly she heard the sound of somebody clearing their throat from behind her. "Letha and Shelley Godfrey... the werewolf dude," the boy added with distaste. Letha spun round and immediately noted the Hall Monitor badge on the boy's shirt. He had a pompous expression on his face, with short, curly blond hair and blue eyes. He also wore glasses and braces. "You're at least seven minutes late for class. I'm going to have to take you to the principal's office." He smirked.

Letha groaned. This could not be happening.