Chapter 20

Wow, even the nerds hate me, Peter thought as the Hall Monitor herded them to the head's office. The kid had a smug grin on his face, whilst Letha looked worried and Shelley ashamed. Peter felt bad that they had to be involved- plus, it wasn't even his fault that he was beaten on! He sighed. If only he had just shut his mouth when Christina asked him if he was a werewolf.

Just as the Hall Monitor was about to knock on the principal's door, Peter turned and punched him in the face. "Ugh- what the hell??" the kid grasped at his nose, which was now bleeding. Peter grabbed Shelley and Letha's hands.

"Come on! Let's go!" Peter told his companions. Shelley looked unsure and Letha didn't look like she would agree to go with them- but she actually nodded her head.

"But we should get Roman," Letha said. "He would be livid if we left him alone in art."

Five minutes later Peter was peering into the art classroom. Roman's easel was facing towards him, and he saw that Roman was just drawing black lines. He chortled to himself for a minute- Roman did like to be rebellious. He knocked on the door. Everyone turned to look at him as he waltzed in. "Roman Godfrey to the principal's office?"

Roman looked confused as his teacher quickly wrote him a hall pass. "What's going on?" he asked Peter as soon as they were outside the classroom. "Is it the vargalf?"

"What's a vargalf?" Letha cocked her head as Roman turned to look at her, jaw clenching.

"Why are you out of class?" he sounded slightly angry.

"We're going on an adventure," Letha giggled a little.

Roman gave Peter the evils. Peter winked at him. "Come on. You're always saying how bored you are! Now let's go and steal some booze."